Kamen Music / Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamen Music / Charvel

I wish I new how to link? I just read that the New Communist Charvels will be imported and distributed through the Kamen branch of FMIC? What is this all about? Kamen Charvels? Anybody know anything about this?

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
    I wish I new how to link?
    You can click on the globe next to the A, then paste - or just paste it in here.

New Communist Charvels
    Bwahaha

will be imported and distributed through the Kamen branch of FMIC? What is this all about? Kamen Charvels? Anybody know anything about this?
    I tried Google, nothing. See above.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The Kaman division may have everything in place for importing from China, or they may have a relationship with the particular factory doing the work, and that might save some red tape and/or expense. All I know is that they hang on the wall by the other Charvels at my local shop, and the guys I spoke to when I went and tried one out mentioned that the J/C rep (not the Kaman rep) had brought out samples to try and that's when they commited to carry them. Definitely interesting to hear, though, and I wonder if it will affect the warranty process, whether you'll need to find an authorized Kaman repair shop or whatever.

-edit- found a link:

This website is dedicated to aspiring as well as the expert-level guitarists. Find about the history of the guitar, the different types, and more.
      Last edited by dg; 09-13-2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

interesting.....so they really aren't "charvels" then? just some guitars designed by corporate dudes that have "charvel" written on them? does this also mean the "charvels" are the same quality as the hamer XT guitars? probably made in the same factory.....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          interesting.....so they really aren't "charvels" then? just some guitars designed by corporate dudes that have "charvel" written on them? does this also mean the "charvels" are the same quality as the hamer XT guitars? probably made in the same factory.....
          Actually no, these guitars were designed by Mike Shannon apparently. Kaman are importing and distributing them, don't see what the big deal is.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I heard that there is no more hamer guitars except for the custom shop so the charvels being made at the same factory makes sense.

Comment

One of the reasons FMIC purchased Kaman was for their Importing and distro business.
              Getting Hamer was that it came with the Kaman package.

So if Kaman and Charvel are both FMIC, then really a Kaman distro Charvel is as much a Charvel as any under Fender.

Though I do wish they stopped throwing around the word innovation in those PR pieces.
              Added bling != any innovation.
              Last edited by Flatpicker; 09-14-2011, 11:55 AM.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
              X