Anyone here own a desolation yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here own a desolation yet?

Just wondering if anyone here had picked up one of these yet. I keep seeing the auctions on ebay that include a bag or case and some other junk for $399 for the sc-3. I like the blue finish but there are a few things that bug me a bit about these lower models. Mainly the inlays look really cheap and plastic looking. I was wondering how the charvel active pickups were too, and if they were compatible with the emg quick connect, as in being able to swap them easily for real emgs if I didnt like them. Anyone take the plunge yet?

my local charvel dealer doesn't have any in stock yet. i want to see them in person before i buy.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think based on all the unknowns, that is a wise choice. One of the ebay sellers is Metalshop music in Tarpon springs. I dont know how far from you that is. One of the others is located in Florida too but judging from the pictures he is just operating out of his house.
      Last edited by Carbuff; 09-23-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Strange that no one here has picked one up yet. The shop near me has sold a couple of the DS-1 hard tails, including the white one I reviewed a couple weeks ago, and they just got a couple of the floyded ones in, plus a couple of the DC and Skatecaster models. Only neckthroughs & set necks so far. I'll try to get by to check them out & do another mini review.

Comment

tarpon springs isn't too far. i may have to head up there.....

thanks carbuff.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X