Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge

I have an old Avenger. The bridge is a JT-580 Takeuchi.
    It is stamped Charvel. I know they were some Charvette's.
    Has anyone heard of this bridge in an Avenger?
    They shoot without shame, in the name of a piece of dirt.
    For a change of accent, or the color of your shirt.

They were in lots of Jackson/Charvel models, I wouldn't doubt it.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

From what i know the Avengers came with JT-570 trems which is basically a JT-590 (schaller floyd rose) without locking saddles, (single locking at the nut)
      if it has the Takeuchi JT-580 then i would say this was fitted after market to upgrade the guitar to a double locking trem

Comment

The newer Avengers had the Takeuchi and a slant hum. The original ones had the 570 and double slant singles.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          The newer Avengers had the Takeuchi and a slant hum. The original ones had the 570 and double slant singles.
          OK, so...Here are pics if it helps.
          http://www.jcfonline.com/blogs/30615...ing-an-Avenger

I really don't think the bridge was put on after market, the body is tightly routed to fit the Takeuchi, which has a different shape than the 570.

Newer Avengers? Weren't they only made from 1989 -1991?
          I always thought this was a 1991 version because of the locking bridge.
          Any idea on what year it might be?

This one is a bit of a puzzler. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comment

Nothing pussling about it... your gutar has a slant hum and a Takeuchi rout, same as all of the later (aka newer) Avengers. The first run Avengers had a Shaller 570 and two slant singles. Yours is the newer style, I dont know what year they switched though. I like the paint job, looks good!
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thanks....I think I got it now.
              They actually switched to the 580 Tak locking bridge with the slant hum later in the production of the Avenger.
              Not documented very well in any lists I have seen.
              I guess that is how it was at the time for the Japanese Chavels.

Thanks for looking at the paint job. My first one. I have been playing for 6 years now, but I finally took one apart.
              The Charvel rebuild is part of my middle school science fair project.
              Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X