couple of questions about a model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of questions about a model 4

thinking about possibly picking this model 4 up for ~testing and educational~ purposes but thers is a couple of issues that i need some clarity on
    1)
    what is up ewith this tuner?

2)Kahler looks kind of beat and is missing a the low e saddle
    any idea of what model it is ?

3)other than that it looks ok
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

1) looks like the high e tuner has rotated a little, no big deal as long as it is solid and there is no damage to the headstock, undo the screw, loosen the tuner position it correctly if you want to

2) Kahler 2300 series, from that picture the cam & rollers look to be brass which would be a 2320, but any Kahler flatmount will fit if you want to swap, the cam looks like it needs to be replaced

Comment

Maybe somebody here can hook you up, as replacement parts are spendy when ordered from Kahler.

Comment

I have the same guitar and color. I need to finish restoring it (came with a single Full Shred). Going with gold hardware.

Comment

Am I correct in guessing that's a 1986 model? I had one in red, my first Charvel and been hooked ever since. What a great guitar that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
            Am I correct in guessing that's a 1986 model?
            You are correct, sir.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

well depending on how much it is, I'd buy it and get another kahler, preferably one of the newer ones witht he fixed bridge screw so you can change it whenever
              Guitars:
              Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
              Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
              Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
              Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
              Modded Jet City 100HDM
              custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

Working...
              X