Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel/Soloist Project

Hi All,

Since I get most (probably all) my questions and ideas answered here....I thought I'd show my project. The body is a Warren DeMartini style with a Jackson type back. I cut more area out in the lower horn and routed the back cutout just like my Jackson Dinky bodies have, and inserted the larger Gotoh trem bushings. It's an alder body with 7 coats of tru-oil. The neck, which I did in SS jumbo frets, is a Charvel Pro Mod neck.

Does anyone suggest putting a trem cover?

dinkyguitar
    Last edited by dinkyguitar; 10-02-2011, 02:48 PM.

A soloist is a neck thru. I don't see that happening.

Comment

I wouldn't bother with a cover.Its a Dinky not a soloist as DonP said.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Right about the Soloist......changed the title.

dinkyguitar

Comment

I like the sculpting on the heel!

Comment

Yeah, the scupled heel was traced right off my Dinky's. Let me tell you it wasn't easy. I used a router, but I didn't have any guide, so I just chipped away with a 45 deg. bit coming as close to my lines without going over....Then the ole sanding for hours....

It come out looking pretty good, not perfect, but good considering. Can't wait till I put her all together.

dinkyguitar

Comment

Cool looking project,nice work on the route job, did you strip paint off body? or was the body made? I have a body I want to strip down, then min wax stain it, and leave it that way, looking forward to seeing the end result, rufkut

Comment

rufkut, it's an alder body I bought from KnE guitars...I used tru-oil, you can apply it indoors and it's safer than stains, or sprays as far as fumes go. Just dip a cloth and rub it on, let it dry, and keep repeating till you build up. If you never used tru-oil, which is gun stock oil, look it up...it might be an alternative...

dinkyguitar

Comment

Thanks man, will do, rufkut

Comment

Working...
                  X