Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am putting a Ofr on my semi recesed model 5x still need to use 42'mm block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am putting a Ofr on my semi recesed model 5x still need to use 42'mm block?

?
    2009 black sl1 usa
    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
    Burgundy mist model 3
    black model 1 emg
    black model 3 h/s/s
    2005 pointy charvel
    2009 black rr1

If it's an AT Non-Recessed then I think you use 42mm. But for a flat top non-recessed I think it's 37mm and for recessed it's 32mm.

Comment

Define "semi-recessed". If it just has a rear pullup rout, then the neck angle and ideal trem height is still the same as a regular Model 5. They take a 42mm block. You may get away with a 37 without having the springs pop out of the block, but I know for a fact that 42 is what works best in a Model 5 or 6.

Comment

You need the 42.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          Define "semi-recessed". If it just has a rear pullup rout, then the neck angle and ideal trem height is still the same as a regular Model 5. They take a 42mm block. You may get away with a 37 without having the springs pop out of the block, but I know for a fact that 42 is what works best in a Model 5 or 6.
          +1. A Model 5FX wouldn't have a semi-recess, unless somebody routed it out. It's just a non-recessed Model 5A (one-humbucker model) that got an added slanted single coil to the neck and a pickup toggle selector (some also got added tone controls).
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is this a toothpaste logo Charvel, a 550XL? That one had the semi-route. I never had one in hand, but the similar 650XL came stock with a 37 mm block (at least mine did). A 42 mm will also fit in these. If it's the older Model series 5, 5A, or 5FX only a 42 mm will work. The actual height of the bridge off body is about the same in each model, but the shorter block fits in the 550XL cos they shaved away the wood at an angle where the springs would otherwise rub.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It's a 5fx with the simi route it's not flat this is a factory job it's to cleN of a job guitar is dead mint stock every thing got cell phone pics to verify the route. I can text them to somebody. I am not near a computer for a while just my iPhone

It would be nice for some one to verify
              2009 black sl1 usa
              Burgundy mist model 3
              black model 1 emg
              black model 3 h/s/s
              2005 pointy charvel
              2009 black rr1

Comment

You can pm me for the pics
                2009 black sl1 usa
                Burgundy mist model 3
                black model 1 emg
                black model 3 h/s/s
                2005 pointy charvel
                2009 black rr1

Comment

Which logo does it have?
                  Guitar shaped logo,Small toothpaste or large toothpaste?
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

This is far from my first charvel,it's a model series(or what i consider one to be is the guitar logo) model 5fx. I heard a batch of the single humbucker 5's went back to the factory and had the single coil and switch added but that's just kindof a rumor I heard. I just need a way to post som pics or sombody do it for me.
                    2009 black sl1 usa
                    Burgundy mist model 3
                    black model 1 emg
                    black model 3 h/s/s
                    2005 pointy charvel
                    2009 black rr1

Comment

There is a blue one on google image search (charvel model 5 fx)page 33
                      Last edited by djford; 10-16-2011, 10:09 PM. Reason: Mid print
                      2009 black sl1 usa
                      Burgundy mist model 3
                      black model 1 emg
                      black model 3 h/s/s
                      2005 pointy charvel
                      2009 black rr1

Comment

I found a link to one that likely looks like yours:

A 42 mm would definitely fit. A 37 mm block *may* also work, but only if the wood underneath the trem springs is angled such that it is deeper toward the bridge side compared to the neck side. If the wood underneath the trem springs is parallel to the body (like most guitars, and like the Charvel Models 1-4) then only the 42 will work. The only way to be sure is to check under the rear trem cover.
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yea Thats it my theory is the ones with routes were some of the lasts ones made the 3dr has the same type of route
                          2009 black sl1 usa
                          Burgundy mist model 3
                          black model 1 emg
                          black model 3 h/s/s
                          2005 pointy charvel
                          2009 black rr1

Comment

I also still have my model 5fx that I bought NEW from Sam Ash in 88/89.. It has the factory semi route. It has a HB and slanted single coil with a toggle switch and small guitar Charvel logo on headstock - neck through. It's burgandy mist just like the 5fx in the link above. Awesome guitar - don't play it much anymore to keep it mint (have a few other guitars that I play).

Comment

My 5A has the pull up route, and it uses a 42mm block. The route has no bearing on the depth, it just allows a further pullup on the trem. I'd just reuse the original block if you dont have the right block.

Comment

Working...
                              X