Please Help with Charvel Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help with Charvel Fusion

Ok I was planning on buying a new jackson Dinky of the pro/mg series (dk2t or dkmgt) but on this local site I saw this guitar on sale. It is a charvel fusion, yellow colour, schaller flyod and Di'marzio pups. They person putting the add on sale says it is made in USA which I doubt cause I thought these guitars were made in japan(I do not know much about charvel and they are quite rare in my country).
    So my question is before I go check this guitar out I would like to ask all you pro ppl how will it compare to the pro series dinky's and how can I be sure if it is a fake or not and any other information about this model. I'm posting the link to the add as I can get the url of the image

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It's not a fake, so don't worry about that. The main difference between the Fusion and the DK series is the scale length. The Fusion has a short scale (24.75") compared to the 25.5" scale of the DK. It's hard to tell very much from the pics, but from the headstock shot I think it's a Fusion Custom with the Desert Crackle finish. The finish looks to be very yellowed, which isn't always a bad thing. Just give it a good inspection and check for the usual things you look for on a used guitar. If it's in good shape and you get along well with the scale length, it's every bit as good a guitar as the newer pro series, imo.

Comment

Thanks for the reply man. The info really helped. I will keep an eye on this guitar. Although second hand trems really scare me as I have no experience of tremolos so can't tell how they are. Also in one of the threads here I found that the fusion custom is made of basswood while the dks in the pro line are made of alder. So is it true? and how will this basswood compare to alders? Cause some expensive guitars are basswood but a lot of people say cheap guitars are made of cheaper basswood which are bad.

Comment

Also can anyone give me any idea about the neck profile of the charvel? Jacksons come with compound radius which are pretty thin and i think would be sweet for my small hands so will the charvel necks have similar profile or will be thicker/thinner?

Comment

I have quite a few Fusions.

Yes, basswood body, but in these years (late 80's) they used good stuff.

Neck profile is very thin. I totally love the necks on these.

If the guitar is in good shape, I'd take this over a newer Pro. It's survived the test of time, has great hardware (Schaller LFR's are highly regarded as close to OFR's), good woods. I don't have a desert crackle so it would be a unique one to add to my collection, but I'm not sure if it would be my first choice. They had this awesome metallic platinum that I wish I would have gotten. Mine are boring reds, blues, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakib View Post
            They person putting the add on sale says it is made in USA which I doubt cause I thought these guitars were made in japan
            True... Made in Nippon
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Ok thanks for the feedback guys. Its almost a 20 year old guitar so I'll have to check if it has some major works specially around the frets because finding a guitar tech here is very hard and often very expensive.

Comment

good luck. i love those charvel fusion customs! (http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...rt-guitars.php)
                make sure the tremolo has no been swapped out. it should be a jt-590 (http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ject.htm#jt590) with made by schaller stamped on the top of the baseplate.

Comment

Working...
                X