When are the new colors coming out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are the new colors coming out?

I bought a trans Kandy magenta US San Dimas last year. I recently received my new MIJ San Dimas in candy red and really love it! I've been away from Charvels for a while, so forgive the stupid question, but are they releasing new "special" colors every quarter like they did with the US models? If so, does anyone know when they're going to announce what's next? I'd really love a metallic green or purple next
    Last edited by DinkyDoug; 10-31-2011, 11:24 PM.

Originally posted by DinkyDoug View Post
    I bought a trans Kandy magenta US San Dimas last year. I recently received my new MIJ San Dimas in candy red and really love it! I've been away from Charvels for a while, so forgive the stupid question, but are they releasing new "special" colors every quarter like they did with the US models? If so, does anyone know when they're going to announce what's next? I'd really love a metallic green or purple next
    They only release one wild card model every three months. They have had different colors, pick up configurations and one was a hard tail. You can check ebay for various wild card models. I think they are up to #7.

Comment

yeah, last one had yellow dot inlays and a yellow logo. Weird looking
      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Other than the wild cards, will they change out the candy red & blue for something else?

Comment

Not a post dump/nay-sayer. Maybe a loyalist.
          I am surprised you guys aren't talking as much about Wayne Guitars. They look great to me and are faithful to THE man.

Comment

Im waiting on my candy blue Pro Mod body to arrive but from what i've read, everyone kinda hates the colour (but others say its real old school). Kinda interested in the new colours too. Any chance they'll do a nice yellow at some stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizardkinged View Post
              Not a post dump/nay-sayer. Maybe a loyalist.
              I am surprised you guys aren't talking as much about Wayne Guitars. They look great to me and are faithful to THE man.
              So they are made from factory seconds and assembled by a fuckwit that had no idea what he was doing?
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                So they are made from factory seconds and assembled by a fuckwit that had no idea what he was doing?
                Even I feel insulted by that comment...Can you explain?:think:
                You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Wayne has never made a neck or body. Charvel (the company) never made a neck or body until after Wayne sold to Grover in 11/78. Any build that Wayne Charvel has ever done (including now) has been done with sourced parts from companies like Warmoth, USACG, etc. If you do a Musikraft build, have a tech go over the frets, and have a good paint job done, you'll end up with as good or better a guitar than a Wayne for less money, plus you won't have that hideous headstock.

Comment

OK I get it now thanks..

...but he can paint a mean guitar!

...or can he?
                    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Candy green and purple have been done on the USA Socals. Lighter candy purple on the USA tele style 2, and traffic stripe yellow on the USA style one. Used ones are where the deals are anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                        Wayne has never made a neck or body. Charvel (the company) never made a neck or body until after Wayne sold to Grover in 11/78. Any build that Wayne Charvel has ever done (including now) has been done with sourced parts from companies like Warmoth, USACG, etc. If you do a Musikraft build, have a tech go over the frets, and have a good paint job done, you'll end up with as good or better a guitar than a Wayne for less money, plus you won't have that hideous headstock.
                        Again not naysaying, I just find that a little hard to believe seeing as how I just watched him build a guitar on his website. . .
                        From the jointer, to gluing the blank together, through the surface planer, then straight to the pin router.... Theres also him working on a neck I just didnt get into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wjsc...layer_embedded.

Maybe thats how it went down in the past, but I've never read anything about that, and I've read up the Charvel to Jackson to Jackson/Charvel, to FMIC. "true hollywood story" I've always liked the story of how Jackson came to be, and the introduction of the Rhodes model being the first jackson cause he didnt want to "soil" the charvel name.

Comment

the Rhodes model

What model?

the Rhodes model
                          :think:

the Rhodes model

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                              What model?

:think:

Really... over spelling of a proper name... excuse me that I didn't know how to spell someone else's name... I can spell my own name just fine, and 80 percent of the rest of the English language and a lot of the Spanish language too. you get the idea.
                              Randy Rhoads

does that make you feel better? at least I had the H. And here I was worried about being a naysayer. I'm just trying to be nice, make conversation... I only asked why people aren't talking about Wayne guitars. I dont see what the big deal is.
                              Last edited by Lizardkinged; 11-05-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X