Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you pay for a firecrackle Predator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you pay for a firecrackle Predator?

At least I think that's what it is. I get the Pred mixed up with the 3DR a lot.

H / slant S (J200R)
    Toothpaste Logo on a reverse headstock
    22 frets on a rosewood board
    Schaller recessed bridge and OFR style nut (not behind the nut lock)
    Dinky body with scalloped neck heel
    Ft Worth plate
    Includes case, but I haven't seen it

Here's the bad.
    1)It's at Sam Ass. They are being dicks about taking anything off because it came in 2 days ago so they say.

2) Possible water issues? Frets oxidized along with the rails on the J200R, some trem hardware (not too bad), some neck bolts, some wood behind the trem looks swollen

3) small part of the tip busted off (gone)

4) the collar on the bridge is busted (needs a new collar)

5) Someone drilled and installed a tone control next to the pickup switch

6) Possible non-original bridge pickup (might just be the cover removed)

7) non-original knobs, and possibly switch tip (it looks like a tele tip?)

The tag says $349. I pointed out all the shit wrong with it. I offered $275. They said $330 + tax (10%), so about $360 out the door. I think I can find a Sam Ass coupon giving me more off than these assholes did.

What do you guys think? This guitar will take a lot of work to get playable. I didn't even bother plugging it in or playing it really because I can see it's a basket case, with potential with a lot of elbow grease.

Well thats a tough one...I sold a mint one for 640 last year but it had the best firecrackle I have ever seen, all the documents, OHSC, and the tools.

I sold another that was so so for 375 shipped with an OHSC.....If you want it for you to play and HAVE to have it...its worth what its worth to you...Collector and retaining value...not so much
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I think I sold my mint firecrackle for 375 w/chainsaw case. the predator didn't come with a covered pickup. the price you offered seems about right for a non mint one.

Comment

I agree with everyone so far. It sounds like alot of work, but it's only gonna worth what your willing to pay.
        Find that damn coupon and go rescue that 'Crackle!

Comment

I've been able to find a $40 off a purchase of $299, but it's for online. I'm sure I have some ads at home but they are 350 miles away.

Comment

unless you HAVE to have it...i'd pass. sounds like a lot of money for a slightly fucked up guitar....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

What markd said...
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                unless you HAVE to have it...i'd pass. sounds like a lot of money for a slightly fucked up guitar....
                I did.

I'm back in Cinci now.

If anyone wants it it's at the Sam Ass in Nashville (specifically Madison). I won't be back there for 4 weeks.

Comment

I'm running across a few red ones lately. Pretty clean,one was really clean and got sold before I could see it. Some with cases, some not .$300 to $400.

Comment

I have a couple Predators, both have a covered bridge pickup.So have the ones I just looked at.

Comment

I got mine in a trade for a guitar I paid $268 for, but it was a mutt but they have installed a Jackson Stealth ebony fretboard neck on it.
                      But like Chris said depending on how bad you want it will justify what it's worth to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X