Model 4 with Pro Mod neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey tinribs,

That looks really awesome! Can you tell me everything you did? I was thinking of doing the same with my model 4.

What kind of pickups did you put in, and is it wired in the same way that it was originally wired? Did you keep the preamp?

Any problems or issues with the Pro-Mod neck fitting properly? Anything else?

mitz

Comment

Tinribs,

That also looks like an OFR w/ a D-Tuna. Did the original posts work with the OFR, or did you need to replace them?

Comment

Here's my Model 3DR/Predator with a promod neck, it was a perfect fit.

Comment

Hunter,

Nice paint. Is that new, or was that what you had before? I see you also have the OFR installed. Any issues there? I have a JT-6 in my model 4...is that what you had?

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I got it in a trade and its the original finish , Firecrackle.The funny thing about this is they were made with a pull up recess, but the trem is a top mount. And with the recess it gives the collar the needed clearance to travel freely without any problem.It's a kick ass guitar.Definately a keeper.Mutt or not.

Comment

Thanks. Getting psyched to do my model 4.

mitz

Comment

Hi Mitz, sorry for the late reply, not been on here for a while.
                My model 4 has had quite an interesting journey.
                I put the OFR on it with a Dtuna (had to block the trem), went straight on the original posts, the 37mm block that came with it wasnt long enough though, so you need a 42mm block, I got a big block from floyd upgrades. I fitted a Bareknuckle holydiver in the bridge sounded awesome.
                Fitted the pro mod neck, fits perfect apart from a hairline gap in the neck pocket, you dont even notice it but I do because I know its there. Doesnt affect playability.

Then one of my pots broke (followed by the other two), so I changed them all and noticed that for years the JE1200 boost wasnt working, I just got used to it being that way. So I replaced all the wires that I could and bingo, boost was making a huge difference, so much so that the Holydiver sounded terrible, far too much mid and no bass. So I put the J50bc back in and it sounds amazing. I also bought the posts from Dave at frets on the net as my old posts were a little worn and the OFR felt a bit clunky. I fitted the new ones and it made a huger difference.
                I wouldnt reccomend a Holydiver with a JE1200. The guitar is now my favorite guitar, only thing is that after all the years I've owned it (1991), I still can't get used to the three toggle switches!
                Last edited by tinribs; 04-17-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post

Here's my Model 3DR/Predator with a promod neck, it was a perfect fit.

One day I will own a guitar like this. One day. It's truely awesome.

Comment

Hey tinribs,

Thanks for the info. In the mean time, I bought a used Soloist SL2H. I'm putting in a copper big block from FU today (37 mm), as a matter of fact. I got the noiseless springs and the brass claw, too. For $20, the claw is a little lighter-duty than I was hoping for. The copper block is an awesome chunk of metal -- nearly half a US pound.

Comment

Working...
                    X