Charvel Wild Card #8 Chrome Rod Flame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    Yeah I could never wrap my head around the assymetrical Kramer body shape. It feels fine when you are playing it but when you look at it your brain is seeing something is wrong...

I never really noticed. I always liked the banana headstock though. If a dong was carved into it, maybe it'd cooler. Maybe it could squirt too. Somehow, the flame graphic just looks like a bad sticker on the new charvel-

Last edited by The Rossness; 11-30-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

whats the switch for?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyg View Post
        whats the switch for?
        ...chatter?

Comment

The more I look at it, the more the graphic is making me angry. That must be the lamest flame job I've seen. Why so flat? Silver ghost flames or, better still, a sparkle silver body with a black flame graphic would look so much better. And what's with the logo colour? I hope it's just the photo but surely that should be silver to match the theme? They've chosen the wrong EMG too. Bah.
          http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

i like it, dont understand the above hate

the paint looks genuine, and not like a sticker

pickups are easily swapped

Comment

Well, I like it. I really like it and I like the flat look of the silver paint with grey pinstriping, original '50's hotrod style and I luv the black headstock. Don't really care for the active pickup and they could at least put the switch for it on the silver paint area.

Yep, can't wait for Reliable Fender to break one of these on Ebay, so as I can buy the neck off him....

But if one came along used I'd buy it, but the active circuitry and switch put me off buying it new. Although that said, given the flat paint , it might look quite cool with an empty hole in the body where the switch was, a cream dimarzio distortion in it and a bit of relicing to the body. In fact of they don't sell too well that is what I will do.

The new batch of Kramer 1984 reissues look all wrong to me, they have an extra black circle in the centre of the bullseye for starters (As do the Charvel Legacies) which Eddie never had. Also black hardware doesn't look that good on it compared to the original silver and the headstock seems completely off from an original Kramer, more like a Warmoth version, no, it doesn't look right at all. Because of these subtle features that they have overlooked, it looks more like a cheap chinese copy compared to the original reissues than anything else, where as the legacies still manage to exude quality and look cool somehow...em even if some of them do have sharp fret ends....apparently.

As for the baretta/pacer body looking weird, they don't they look great, way better than a Dinky, which is its equivalent.

The Legend with his parts guitar:

“DiMarzio Pickups Inc. were pioneers in the pickup replacement industry and to this day they continue to find revolutionary ways of reinventing the wheel. From the classic Super Distortion to the D Activator and the single coil-size humbuckers like The Tone Zone, Chopper, and Area Hot T. They produce great tone that allow me to dial in any sound I need from clean to dirty, Strat quack to funky Tele, or full on Humbucker. They just work.”
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I think its really in the spirit of the guitar. Best paint so far.
                You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Looks outdated and tacky to me. :dunno:

Comment

I like it! I agree with dumping the EMG but if that paint was sweated on for a couple years kinda like Eddie's in Ginsambo's picture well......

Comment

Well,... it beats the last toxic waste mutt wildcard
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Hot rod flame... old school hot rod flames, think Grease type oldschool. It nails that look 100%, and I think its pretty cool. You guys are expecting it to be something its not supposed to be. If they wanted a ghost flame, they would call it ghost flame. Back in the day in the beginning, most hot rod flames were done by the guy who owned the car with a spray can of primer or what ever he had laying around and some masking tape. Its not supposed to be perfect or modern. Its hot rod flame. I KNOW the gear heads will side with me on this one.
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Fair enough, Rob. But don't you think having the crisp-edged graphic mirrored down the middle spoils that whole rattle can vibe a little? It just looks a bit too neat and tidy. I think that's my problem with this - it's not a super cool, muticoloured metal flake eye popper OR an authentic garage makeover marvel. It's something in between and it just doesn't feel right to me.

It obviously is working for other folks though, and that's cool. Love the wildcard concept. It gives us all something to talk about every few months, and I know I'm always curious to see if the next one is going to be that must have spec. Perhaps it's the slight disappointment that they haven't chosen to make the hot pink and black zebra stripe I've been dreaming of this time around that makes me so critical of this one..!
                          http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

Well ive my left leg flamed that looks like it was done at home by someone at home with a spraycan lol

Yea, i like it for sure

Comment

I like the sharp edges, the chrome and black just looks badass and classy at the same time. And the black headstock? Sweet. I'd grab one in a sec

Comment

You know I like Flame paint jobs on guitars, but that looks like something a 3rd grader on a pixie stix and cool aid jag did with a can of krylon and some masking tape.
                                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                                X