No announcement yet.

Charvel Wild Card #8 Chrome Rod Flame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am liking the chrome more and more. I used it at practice the other day and everyone commented that the EVO sounded brighter than my usual pickups.
    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

• Levy's makes a matching strap.

http://www.samash.com/p/Levys_M17 25...lame_-49987301

Comment

• How well does this guitar's neck compare to a jackson speedneck playwise? Are these stainless steel frets?

Comment

• Got mine today

This is a great guitar but it didnt arrive that way. The action while okay was not to my liking unlike the snow white so cal i got which was perfect. the floyd which is flush mount was jacked way up high off the body. No problem since ive made it a point to learn how to set up floyds. it was just the fact that out of the three charvels ive bought new this was my first time expericing this. my second qualm was the cheap ass vol pot they put on it. i understand because of the kill switch they couldnt do the emg solderless but the pot TO ME was cheap quailty. it was a split shaft w a solid shaft knob on it which we all know makes it wobbly. i bought a replacement emg solid shaft to remedy this. once i got passed this its a killer guitar. the MIJ necks to me are without competition and felt oh so smooth. the emg 85 in the bridge turned out to be a nice surprise since its commonly used in the neck position. The tone was very good and the distortion was not over the top. I immediatley installed a 42mm brass block so that helps alot. the paint job is to be seen in person to really appreciate it. not only are the flames better in person but the metal flakes add another deminsion to the paint.

Comment

• ok honestly I have had my Chromerod for a long time now and hardly played the guitar... it plays incredible but there was always something lacking about the tone. I have almost sold/ traded this guitar several times because of this. I just could t understand what is was about this guitar because I have a USA Charvel also running an 85 bridge and it walks all over the Chromerod in regards to tone. I figured it must be a dud EMG or I just got some bad wood so I bought another 85 and then it happened. I removed the original EMG and noticed there was a ground inside the pup cavity! what the fuck is that about As you know you do not need to ground EMG.. there was also a ground wire inside the control cavity as well as the trem claw? well I removed the ground and problem solved. guitar is nice and full now.. now I bought this guitar new so this was done at the factory.. if any of you guys still own yours take a look inside and see if your guitar is also wired the wrong way...if so clip the grounds running to the control cavity wall, under the pup, and to the trem claw..please report back
            www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

• Glad that worked, but it seems odd. The pickup and control cavity grounds, if wired properly, shouldn't be a problem. The ground to the claw isn't needed with EMGs, but it shouldn't be detrimental either. I'm guessing there was likely a bad solder joint that you unknowingly fixed in the process of removing those grounds.

Comment

Working...
              X