Differences promod-usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences promod-usa

For those who own (or have owned or used): what are the real differences (not aesthetic) between Made ​​in Usa and ProMod MIJ San Dimas?
    Am I wrong if I say only: original floyd rose, SKB hardcase and humbuckers frames?
    Excuse me for my poor and bad English

You got it!

I have both, and honestly can't see much of a difference, other than the MIJ ones have slight yellow tint applied to the maple neck and the US version does not.

Comment

They both have the same bridge. So pickup/rings and a case would be the only hardware differnces. Seems like the MIJ neck carves are thinner and the fretwork better than the USA ones.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
        They both have the same bridge. So pickup/rings and a case would be the only hardware differnces. Seems like the MIJ neck carves are thinner and the fretwork better than the USA ones.
        "FRT O-x000" made in KOREA (http://www.edroman.com/parts/IS_bridgetrem.htm) installed on made in Usa too? With saddle and tremolo block in zinc?
        I can't belive... If so it would be a misfortune (for me)!

So, what's the reason for difference in price between MIJ and Usa?
        The cost of labor and trade unions?
        The fashion on *made in usa* on the headstock?
        I'm confused...
        Last edited by Bruno; 12-15-2011, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Ah, Bruno...soon enough you will learn what we think of ER around here
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Ah, Bruno...soon enough you will learn what we think of ER around here
            Frankly, I do not care what forum think of ER... I don't even know who he is :p
            I used his webside for know were FRT O-x000 is made.
            All that I want really know: it's true or not that FRT-Ox000 have saddles and block in zinc?
            If it's true this tremolo is banned for me
            If it's not true, Charvel ProMod San DImas will be my next guitar at 100%

Comment

Originally posted by DinkyDoug View Post
              You got it!

I have both, and honestly can't see much of a difference, other than the MIJ ones have slight yellow tint applied to the maple neck and the US version does not.
              Ditto on the yellow tint, neck profiles are the same, didn't see much difference on fretwork-both setup very well.
              Charvel San Dimas, So Cal, WDM Swords, M4, 650XL
              Clapton Fool SG, Fender Special Strat, EJ Strat, Baja Tele
              Gibson R8 LP, Edwards 125/ALS LP, 98/LTC LP, Dean Z79
              EBMM Axis, Axis SS, Luke III, Silo, Epi ES-339
              EVH Bumblebee, Kramer 5150, Fractal Audio AX8

Comment

Yup, USA got the FRT-x000 trem as well, and theres absolutley nothing wrong with them. IMO, better than any licensed trem (aside from the Schaller) out there by a long shot.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The special has zinc saddles. I don't think I have seen anywhere the Korean OEMs have zinc saddles. I believe they are to the same specs as their German counterparts.
                  And FUCK ED ROMAN

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    Frankly, I do not care what forum think of ER... I don't even know who he is :p
                    I used his webside for know were FRT O-x000 is made.
                    All that I want really know: it's true or not that FRT-Ox000 have saddles and block in zinc?
                    If it's true this tremolo is banned for me
                    If it's not true, Charvel ProMod San DImas will be my next guitar at 100%
                    Ed Roman is an idiot and a troll. Quite frankly, quoting him as any kind of reference generally makes that person look stupid.

Just sayin. lol
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      The special has zinc saddles. I don't think I have seen anywhere the Korean OEMs have zinc saddles. I believe they are to the same specs as their German counterparts.
                      And FUCK ED ROMAN

I agree with Rich. We went over & over about this when the Korean OFRs and the Floyd Rose Specials first appeared. The Special has the zinc saddles & block. The Korean OFR has the same shape to the saddles as the Special (beveled back edge), so many of us thought they were zinc as well, but eventually someone came out and said that the Korean OFR had the same materials as the German-made unit. I'm still waiting for somebody to just take a magnet to one of the saddles when it is off the baseplate. That will give a definitive answer.

Comment

I see that ER is beloved here

Returning to the topic, it's true with a magnet it takes 1" to understand what is in steel.

But, calm when you say *FRT O-x000 is best of all licensed...*, please.
                        Excuse me again for the brutality but...
                        You have never tried a VERY licensed FR?
                        I've two good quality licensed: an amazing Schaller (I love brass block!!!) and an incredible, N.1 without discussion, Ibanez Edge Low Pro (on Jem7BSB)

Comment

schaller should be as good as an ofr since them made them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                            schaller should be as good as an ofr since them made them.
                            Of course.
                            But if I remember correctly OFR (schaller) have steel block, Schaller Lic. have brass block.
                            A little big difference for someone :p

Comment

OFR and Schaller both had brass blocks to my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X