No announcement yet.

Differences promod-usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, imagine having bought gear from that POS Ed Roman 20 years ago at the ECMM and then finding out here who he is. Fuck ER...I'd like to kick his bozo the clown ass!

I have one of the Ping OFR on my jap promod. I love it, and have no problem with it, but it could easily be replaced if desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
      LOL, imagine having bought gear from that POS Ed Roman 20 years ago at the ECMM and then finding out here who he is. Fuck ER...I'd like to kick his bozo the clown ass!
      Lol

I have one of the Ping OFR on my jap promod. I love it, and have no problem with it, but it could easily be replaced if desired.
      I want to clarify: I do not like saddles and block zinc because with heavy use, they were literally crushed ... (perhaps only in my experience ? I Don't know...)
      Also I love the sound of steel and gleaming brass resonance so...
      Excuse me for my poor and bad English

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        Lol

I want to clarify: I do not like saddles and block zinc because with heavy use, they were literally crushed ... (perhaps only in my experience ? I Don't know...)
        Also I love the sound of steel and gleaming brass resonance so...
        Oh I agree with you. If anyone can prove that the saddles or block on the Korean "OFR" are zinc, I will be interested in changing for a German OFR. I'm already planning on replacing the jt580 in my DK2 with a real Floyd...the difference between that and the Ping OFR are that noticeable to me. So far I'm loving the new Charvel too much to change anything.

Comment

I am reminded of a question ...
          Where is the truss rod access to San Dimas? Don't tell me that I should remove the neck every time...

(as you say? oh, yes we have decided climate change with the seasons)
          Last edited by Bruno; 12-22-2011, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
            Don't tell me that I should remove the neck every time...
            OK, I won't tell you...
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Why? why?
              Where is the advantage? Joint ventures with strings' producer?

But it is possible that like I go out to a difficulty it presents me another? I've had enough of guitars that *It's ok, but...

Comment

Just leave the strings on (either lock the nut or put on a capo if the guitar has a traditional nut) when pulling the neck to do a truss rod adjustment. Yes, it's a bit of a pain and I wish they would have designed the guitars to adjust at the headstock, but I can still do the job in around 10 to 15 minutes.

Comment

Of course.
                  I have others two guitars with this access truss rod. But what I really hate, what I don't understand, it's *WHY* in 2011 you should complicate life unnecessarily when a good and simply alternative already exists (gotoh side access or headstock access...)
                  What's the *ratio* (latin meaning...:p) of this choise?

Comment

Two reasons:

1) Tone (subjective) supposed to be better with heal adjust truss rod

2) Easier to deal with the Floyd Nut. You don't have the nice angled headstock up there like a regular scarf join neck with an angled headstock.

Comment

My exceptions:

1. with a blind test I would be curious to know "who recognizes what..."
                      2. is the same answer gave me by Warmoth, but they make for *warmoth pro neck* the gotoh side access truss rod, the best TR access IMO

I still can not understand how you can lose in small details. Economies of scale? Sure, but I remain baffled. We talk about guitars, 5$ more = no difference. I'm sure
                      Last edited by Bruno; 12-23-2011, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Hi,

new member here. I got a 2010 MIJ promod after testing several of the US models. I didn't notice much of a difference, but it seems that the attention to detail, esp. the fretwork, is better on the MIJ one

Comment

From www.vintagekramer.com:

The Floyd Rose OEM - Korean
                          The OEM Floyd unit is near identical to the Floyd Rose Special, but is only found on guitars that are sold with the units installed. These are not sold for purchase individually unless in special circumstances. It features zinc alloy saddles in place of steel and a zinc alloy sustain block in place of brass.The OEM Floyd unit is near identical to the Floyd Rose Special, but is only found on guitars that are sold with the units installed. These are not sold for purchase individually unless in special circumstances. It features zinc alloy saddles in place of steel and a zinc alloy sustain block in place of brass.
                          Having said that, I have decided to put this FR in the past ...

Comment

Working...
                          X