Pot Shaft Sleeve adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot Shaft Sleeve adapter?

My 1990 Charvel Eliminator bass is missing a knob so I ordered a matching replacement. The hole in the knob for the pot shaft is way too big.

I pulled an existing knob and it has a sleeve that fits over the tiny pot shaft so that the knob will fit. I tried my new knob and it will fit with the little sleeve adapter.

Where do I get an adaper for my pot shaft so that my knob will fit?

I been doing guitar electronics sinve 1974 and I have never seen pots with adapter sleeves. Is this common with Charvels?

Thanks!

Here you go. Here are a few places.

Bell & speed knobs for Gibson guitars, period-correct Tele dome, barrel and flat-top knobs in chrome, nickel, gold & black, Strat volume and tone, Callaham and Rutters knobs

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/electrical_pothardware.htm

Last edited by plon; 12-17-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

The only place I've seen them on Charvel/Jacksons is with EMG's on a USA guitar. They do this to put the same knobs on the guitars when using the EMG split-shaft pots.

Comment

I found some brass tubing at the local hardware store that worked perfectly for this.

Comment

I'll have to post some pictures as none of the adapters are the right size. The pot shafts are way smaller than 6mm. The adapter are keyed so that they turn the shaft which has a flat side.

Comment

Oh wow... Well that is not the kind I was thinking of, then. These I saw on a DK1 guitar, to adapt the "standard" Jackson guitar knobs to the EMG pots. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X