NGD---My first toothpaste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD---My first toothpaste

Haven't been real fond of the toothpaste axes until it was too sweet of a deal to pass up.

I have to say that this thing surprised me when I plugged it in.

I though it was going to be a parts guitar and now I'm having second thoughts.

Just may get a new skin from Hal Loo at Mural Lab. <<<<He is a true artist with these damn things!!!!

I'm not a toothpaste expert but I think this is a cobalt blue 275 deluxe with a Schaller-Floyd style trem. Looks like the previous owner was trying his hand at a "road worn" sanding job on the body, needs a switch knob and the trem arm came from my parts tray.

As I look down the wall the only color I don't have is green......hmmmm <<^^>>smoke pours out of ears while thinking......

IMAG0597.jpg
    Last edited by MODEL5FX; 12-28-2011, 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling

nice snag man, looks pretty sweet, congrats

Comment

24 frets makes that a Fusion. Can't recall the exact model. A "Special"? Henrik's site will tell you.

what sort of green you thinking? Kawasabi? Mint Julep? Seasick?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Toothpaste Rule!!!

Ron is the 1%

Nice Grab
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Gtwgits
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn, I remember my first toothpaste. I was maybe 2 years old? I kid, nice guitar.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

VitaG I'm thinking Candy Apple Green with shadow skulls(very faintly done) under it or usually I hand it to Hal and say do your magic.

Racer what the heck is Gtwgits?

Twitch I can not remember my first childhood toothpaste. I can however remember my first soaping of my tongue--LOL

Comment

GTWGITS is Get the whole Guitar in the Shot.

It's a Fusion Deluxe. I have one just like it myself. Our years must be different because mine came with an uncovered J-90C and a J200R. I think yours is older because of the covered pickup and the regular single coil.

I don't get what the deal is with all the toothepaste hate? I know for sure that the hardware is an upgrade over Model series (Schaller vs. Kahler or JT-6; Locking nut instead of string lock + nut).
                Last edited by DonP; 12-29-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I think there's less toothpaste hate then there used to be. Lot of guys on the JCF loving their 375 & 475s & 750XLs. My 550XL is a hell of a guitar.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I never liked the logo....I know it was shallow of me to be stuck with what I had experience with in the past and the "outsider" version was garbage mentality but that has changed now.

Thanks for the decoding of GTWGITS---- just for RACER here is a shot of her disassembled with 2 ft of insignificant background outside of the focal piece(s). Please note that the strings were removed during disassembly but I truly wanted to honor the "whole" term so I included a pack of strings in the photo. All screws and the missing switch knob are in there also to honor the term "whole"..

-<No animals were harmed during the photographing of this guitar>-

IMAG0602.jpg

Comment

Dude I like it, but ask for a few bucks back.
                      that pickup is crooked!!

Comment

That would be a fusion deluxe, nice axe. I always liked that blue. I have a fusion Pro in the same color

Comment

I remember when the toothpastes came out. Never hated them, never played one either. I just figured they were a continuation of the great model series.

Comment

Nice snag! I love the Pasties, wish I still had one.
                            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

I don't get what the deal is with all the toothepaste hate?
                              I dont get it either. Ive seen some pretty f'd up smiles around where I live. Theres this one chick that works at WalMart here that has teeth that Smeagol would envy. I really need to move somewhere a little more civilized. I always preferred the tooth paste logo. Looks more like the Jackson logo. Never cared for the guitar shaped Charvel logo, still dont.
                              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
                              X