PLease help confirm model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLease help confirm model

I have a Toothpaste logo Charvel that I think is a Fusion. The thing that is throwing me off is the angled bridge pickup. I have a Fusion with the angled neck pickup. It is like a 275 with 24 frets and 24-3/4 scale. Is this a mut or a factory job? It plays really well and is in near mint condition.

Thanx for any help you guys can give.
    Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Its a later model Fusion special. The early ones had two slant hums for the bridge pup and a Schaller floyd. Somewhere along the line towards the end of their run, probably around '91ish, they switched to an angled humbucker as well as a JT580 trem. Heres the first version Fusion Special: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...n%2FPage19.jpg
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Welcome, new guy. That's a nice dark slab of rosewood.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the help Rob and thanks for the welcome Racer. I am very happy with the guitar. I just got it off e-bay a couple weeks ago for a little less than $250. The seller had it listed as a 275dlx but when I got it home that just didn't add up. The scale length pointed in the fusion direction but I had never seen a pic of the "Special" before (thanks again Rob). I love these Toothpaste logo Charvels. I have a small collection that could grow.
        By the way, since I'm kinda new here. Someone please tell me what NGD means. Sorry for the newb question.
        Last edited by matt_gu3; 01-02-2012, 10:17 PM. Reason: added question
        Matt

Comment

Very nice guitar Matt. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_gu3 View Post
            Someone please tell me what NGD means.
            New Guitar Day

NAD = New Amp Day

HBD = Happy Birthday

GTWGITS = Get the whole guitar in the shot

it's = it is

loose = opposite of tight

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              New Guitar Day

NAD = New Amp Day

HBD = Happy Birthday

GTWGITS = Get the whole guitar in the shot

it's = it is

loose = opposite of tight

No "should of"?

this should be a sticky.

Welcome Matt. Nice looking Fusion.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I would have never guessed New Guitar Day. I thought for sure it was N*** Good Deal. Thanks for clearing up the whole loose = opposite of tight thing. That one always trips me up.
                Matt

Comment

Originally posted by matt_gu3 View Post
                  I would have never guessed New Guitar Day. I thought for sure it was N*** Good Deal. Thanks for clearing up the whole loose = opposite of tight thing. That one always trips me up.
                  I think Ron is just being sarcastic as to the all too common practice of using lose when you mean loose, and vice versa. Pet peeves, and all.

Comment

Ron's always loosing his shit about people's grammer & spelling. I think he could of been more suttle in his deliverance, but its a bugbare of his.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Suttle...here it comes....

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                          Not to mention loosing, but I think that one was on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                            Not to mention loosing, but I think that one was on purpose.
                            come on, man
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I figured Ron was just having some fun with his definitions. I was just having some fun too. I have been browsing the site for about 6 months and have seen a few guys get a little wild. Of course I chuckle a little when they do.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X