Charvel Desolation Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
    really?? I assumed Japan along with the Pro-mods.
    Yep. China. Hearing a lot of folks echo my sentiments- Charvel would have a killer Star if it weren't Chinese and didn't have those fugly inlays. For damn sure I woulda rather dropped 6 or 7 bills on a MIK or MIJ Desolation Star rather than the LTD RL-600. Ahh well.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
      Gotta wonder how the Desolation compares to the LTD Gus G or the RL-600. Got an LTD RL-600- 24 frets, neck thru, OFR, alder body. I chucked the EMG HZ for an EVH Frankenstein. It stands up pretty well as a back up or passive pup alternative to my Charvel cs Star. I'd like to test drive a Desolation Star just to see how it stacks up.
      At one time I had an ESP LTD Gus G. 600FR star and a CS Charvel retro star. Besides the playability, I liked the charvel more. It had a great vibe and the LTD had a horrible neck dive issue I couldn't solve. Also, the charvel had a much better neck.

I've been wanting a mahogany charvel, so maybe I'll pick one up. I am wondering however, why doesn't the single hum star have a compound radius neck?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
        At one time I had an ESP LTD Gus G. 600FR star and a CS Charvel retro star. Besides the playability, I liked the charvel more. It had a great vibe and the LTD had a horrible neck dive issue I couldn't solve. Also, the charvel had a much better neck.

I've been wanting a mahogany charvel, so maybe I'll pick one up. I am wondering however, why doesn't the single hum star have a compound radius neck?
        +1 I bought a LTD Gus 600FR, too. Sold it within a months time for the same reasons- lol! Horrible neck dive and really didn't stand up to my USA Star Std in terms of playability. The RL 600 had the same neck dive but luckily, I moved the strap button to right behind where the neck joint would be (it's neck thru) and it works fine. The EVH pup cures the sound issues. Wanna find out how it stacks up against the Desolation Star. Much prefer the Charvel pointy headstock to ESP's pointy, though the RL DOES have a reverse heady. which is a huge bonus imo.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing a trans-blue smear in person. I've always wanted a star, just didn't want to drop a small fortune on one. Not a big fan of the abalone or those inlays. Seems like it would've been simple to just drop some classic sharkies in there. I was considering building one, but for this price, it'll be hard to pass up.
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Good stuff.
            Hope they sell enough to keep going.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Thats not a good tone in those YouTube videos for these. *Its sure in the hell not a Charvel tone. Lets not fool ourselves here. This is Toys-R-Us quality woods with slightly better body shape engineering, upgraded pickups and paint. Its just a profitability formula thats failing in this economy.. Not a single one of the offerings put out in the last 10 yrs will ever be hailed as a "keeper" much less a collectible IMHO

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Made in China also?

Those inlays
              Last edited by g_reaper; 01-16-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X