New guy, need help with ID, Kind Of :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy, need help with ID, Kind Of :D

Hey all, this is my first post, I just picked up a model 2 off evilbay and I'm having a hard time nailing down what year it was made, it's electric blue, 1 jackson pickup that looks like an emg, 1 knob(volume), jt-6 trem, rosewood board, headstock logo is the old guitar one, not the toothpaste one, neckplate has the flange thing behind it, logos on headstock and neckplate both have the "r" not the "tm" I'm pretty sure it's an '87 or an '88 but I'd like to be sure which, thanx in advance!

1987 or 1988. It's the only two years that particular version of the Model 2 was available.
    The R and TM thing is for USA models only.
    -Rick

Comment

Thanks bro, but is there no way to tell for sure if it's '87 or '88?

Comment

Actually, most the '86 Charvel import models had the "T.M."

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        1987 or 1988. It's the only two years that particular version of the Model 2 was available.
        The R and TM thing is for USA models only.

Comment

With the serial number you should be able to tell the year it was made. There is a chart that a forum member created and added to his website (great resource BTW).

If the serial number is over 275100, then it most likely is a 1988 Model. Here's the awesome website address http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...uitars.php#yom

Comment

Thanks tcw, I found that page already when I was doin my web research, but I didnt know how trustworthy the info was. My serial starts with 302 so I guess that makes it an '88, mystery solved!

Comment

Nice guitar. Looks to be in fantastic shape!
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks, it's in unbelievable shape, not one mark on it anywhere that I can find. In fact, I'm almost afraid to play it, I feel like I should stick it in the case and shove it under the bed lol.

Comment

Working...
                X