• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diffrent strings View Post
    how much is a hardtail 750xl worth?
    (In a Dr. Evil voice) One Billion Dollars

Comment

On a side note, do those short scale Charvels have the narrower string spacing as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
        On a side note, do those short scale Charvels have the narrower string spacing as well?
        No, standard 1 11/16" Gibson nut width (well, current standard). Gibson had a 1 9/16" nut on mid 60s and 70s SGs, and possibly other models. Was one of the reasons I sold my 1979 SG.

Comment

how much is a hardtail 750xl worth?
          as far as I know the hardtail are more rare.GREAT guitar
          Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

I remember my local store had a 750XL in stock for years. It finally went for about £500 in about 1997. Awesome guitar, as is the Pro soloist sibling (I have a hard tail model and the sustain you get from "that" note in Parisienne Walkways is epic). I would lap up a re-issue of one of these.

People pay big for these. A while back I asked a shop if they would sell my ATN Soloist Pro. The very helpful man in the shop baulked because it did not have EMGs or Duncans. He then said it would compete with the new KE3s and RRs he had on the wall. He then said that the shop would get 20% of the £300 they would get for it. I declined.

Comment

People often underestimate an instrument they don't have hands-on experience with and are judging it on their personal bias.
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Just out of interest there is an ATN Soloist Pro on ebay at the moment. A limited edition version (number 10 of a 200 run). Gold hardware (with floyd and has duncans added with gold covers) and going for £2,000. Looks amazing.

Comment

there is an ATN Soloist Pro on ebay at the moment
                  can you post the link ? I can´t find it.

Comment

+1 Link Please
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Looks like the very nice amber 750xl on ebay sold for almost $2,000.

Good money, but I'm in no hurry to sell mine for that to be honest, but that's just me.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jackson-So...t_19933wt_1378

If link does not work just go to ebay.co.uk site and search on Jackson soloist - it's one of the first items.

Comment

This one looks amazing but I prefer non Floyd in Les Paul types.Is there any difference between the 750XL and this one.

Comment

The body of a 750 is about 1/2" thicker than an AT Pro.

Comment

91 limited had a higher grade maple top and different pickups. Plus a special 12th fret inlay. Other than that and the aforementioned slimmer body, the same as a 750 XL. Only 200 of the limited but there are not that many 750 XLs I'd imagine. It would be cool if someone on the forum had both.

Comment

Here is a comparison picture of a AT PRO vs a 750XL . I have owned at least 10 of these guitar . I currently have 5 AT PROs .

Mike
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                                X