Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD and first post

Hey Guy's

Long story (Hopefully short!) Been playing for over 25 years, worked in the music biz(Studio, Live sound and multiplle Music stores). Got out of that wand went back to IT and almost stopped playing (Hadn't plugged into a amp in over 3 years).
    Finally got off my butt, dusted off the amp and Brian moore and started playing again. Had a major bug for new gear and just scored this thru GC, 2002 Charvel Standard Quilt Trans red for $329. Next target is a SL2H. It kills me now, thinking about all the guitars I owned and foolishly got rid of over the years and got caught up into family life.....

Thanks for all the great info....
    Last edited by tonyl11; 01-13-2012, 11:05 AM. Reason: pic fix

Nice! Welcome!!
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Nice axe! And good intro! Feel free to share what has been thru your hands over the years. There is alot of LOVE for all kinds of guitars here.

Comment

Except ESP :P
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Sorry Axegrinder! Other than Jackson that was my main guitar for many years playing out! I had 2 original ESP M-1's single humbuckers (EMG) Black was my main one and a red as a back up.
          Current guitars are
          Brain Moore i2000? Neck thru with Piezo and 13 pin thru GI-20
          The Charvel Standard posted above
          Washburn Classical cut away and Piezo
          Schecter C-1 Standard (My daughter just started playing and this is her guitar) but I like it so I've been playing it when she isn't around!
          Ibanez Artstar (80's) ash wood body bass with EMG set up.

God former guitars, this list could be huge. Working in music stores for almost 12 years, I had the chance to pick up a lot of gear cheap.....
          Music Man Silhoutte
          Multiple Jacksons and Charvel (750xl's, Sl1,)
          Multiple Ibanez(s) RG770 was the guitar I miss the most from Ibanez.
          The obligatory Strat (Just a Amer standard.)
          For a while I was using 2 Robins as my play out guitars. 2 Medley's 1 was Trans purple and a Trans yellow.

eh.. That was then and now starts the new collection! Right now I'm using a PODXT pro thru a old Peavey VTM 60 with a marshall 1936 cab. It sounds pretty good and plenty of power.

I also have a little studio set up. Roland SI-24 thru a custom PC.

Comment

Nice stuff! I want a RG770 again~

Comment

Welcome, Tony!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Welcome, Tony!
                No Ballsack comment Ron? Welcome and nice finish on that.

Comment

Damn, I forgot!

BALLSACK!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Welcome, Tony!
                    What the fuck is this shit?!?!? All I got was "hey"

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                      What the fuck is this shit?!?!? All I got was "hey"
                      Which was more than I got...they were a bunch of cold bastards in 2006

Oh and welcome Tony!!..remember to PM the admins your address for your complementary fruit basket!

Comment

Working...
                      X