No announcement yet.

'59™ SH1N Neck Pickup 2 or 4 conductor ? - SAN DIMAS PRO MOD MIJ pup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59™ SH1N Neck Pickup 2 or 4 conductor ? - SAN DIMAS PRO MOD MIJ pup question

Someone who has experienced it, can inform me if Seymour Duncan '59™ SH1N Neck Pickup is 2 or 4 conductor?
    I wish to split pups with two mini switches, in a Charvel SAN DIMAS PRO MOD MIJ (I still have not bought, of course)
    Excuse me for my poor and bad English

Seymour Duncan SH-1n-4C '59 is a 4 conductor
    Last edited by CowboyFromHell; 01-21-2012, 01:21 PM.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Do you have a pro mod san dimas all right?

Comment

No, but Google is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
          No,
          We are not involved.
          The seymour duncan '59 is 2 and 4 wire, this is self-evident (just go to the sd web site, I don't need google for that...).
          I would like to know - possibly by an owner of San Dimas pro mod - IF '59 neck pu installed on this guitar is 2 or 4 wires.

Or you have a direct link (that I don't found like my friend google...)where it is clearly explained that '59 neck pickups on San Dimas pro mod is 4-wire?

Thanks

Comment

If you notice, I said "Seymour Duncan SH-1n-4C '59 is a 4 conductor", which as I also stated I found out using Google. Google also showed me pics of the guitar you're speaking of and it has a 3-way selector switch. To me, in absence if any other switches, that says that it's more than likely a 2 conductor, but it could be a 4 conductor wired like a 2 conductor. Not personally having one of these to open up and look at for refference, I'm doing what research I can to try and find you the best answer possible since no one else is responding to your post.

Comment

30 seconds of searching.... with GOOGLE..... revealed that they are 4 conductor pickups.

Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks VitaminG. Wasn't sure about it since the pickup is available in 2 and 4 conductor. Most info lead me to believe it was 4 which seems to be most common but the 3-way switch had me thinking his is a 2 con. variety but I was just reading more about this and reallized I hadn't taken into account the possibility of a push/pull pot.

Comment

30"... you are a phenomenon and I am a jerk, ok?
                  I live in Italy you in Eureka, I suppose...
                  Last edited by Bruno; 01-22-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

No need to be that way man. Sometimes on here you get your props, sometimes you take your kicks. Don't get butthurt because of the way someone says something. Just be happy you got your question answered.

Move along now... there's nothing to see here ladies and gents. Lol.

Comment

I said ironically.
                      Usually I write the inverse of what I think...
                      :P
                      Last edited by Bruno; 01-22-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X