Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seems the Desolation Star is out or pre order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems the Desolation Star is out or pre order?

Get the best deals for Charvel Star at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Saw this on ebay.

I really want one..

I gotta say, for Chineese guitars, the star and soloist sure are tempting.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

My inner Akira Takasaki fanboy has me gassing hard for a star and the trans blue will make it a good partner for my RR1T.
      Last edited by Hellbat; 02-07-2012, 02:22 AM.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I tell ya rob. I have a ds1t abd I'm blown away and build quality. I'm going to get a star no question.

Comment

I would never own one of the other models because I just find them repuslive looking... however I would give the star and solist a try. I nabbed an Indian SLSXMG and its ok for what it is, if the Charvels are better I would be impressed! They do look pretty good though!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

No like the fretboard inlays....but a Mahogany body for $499....? When someone has tryed a Dinky neck tranplant on the DST-3 let me know eh!

Add Floyd, Dimarzio and pot and Dinky neck I think it'll be one hell of a guitar. Have a feeling the neck pocket will be 2 3/16" though.

I'm off for a poo, sure wish I had a Chinese Jackson brochure to look at while I'm at it.
            Last edited by ginsambo; 02-04-2012, 01:54 PM.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Thats a helluva nice looking axe for the money. Im NOT a supporter of Chinese goods, but I would probably give that guitar a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-Deso...item20c24155f6

Thats a helluva nice looking axe for the money. Im NOT a supporter of Chinese goods, but I would probably give that guitar a shot.
                Aye! This knight is giving great considerations to purchase one of these axes from ye Orient! If a quality instrument it be, then this price 'tis most reasonable!

This post now concludeth!
                WITNESS YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT IN METALLIC, CINEMATIC GLORY!
                http://www.heavymetalsuperstar.com

Comment

I bought one of the Stars this past weekend, a white neckthrough DST1-ST. Stop tailpiece, EMG 81/85, matching headstock, sanded, raw maple neck (!!) .... I was really in shock when I saw the build quality of these - I was expecting the worst, but it turns out that these really ARE well made. No bowed or twisted neck, frets are all finished properly and with no buzzing or fretting out anywhere. I got it home and put it through its paces thru my Engl stack and I gotta say it sounds just as good as any of my San Dimas Rhoads'. I am floored by the sound and playability of this axe! Unfortunately, the Guitar Factory (place of purchase) told me something like they ARE going on back order because they were only allocated to dealers who pre-ordered at the NAMM show, and if you didn't get on board with an order for some, you would have to wait for the next shipment...

I highly encourage anyone that is doubtful of the Desolation series stuff (Stars, especially) to check them out before forming an opinion. They truly are well built and sound incredible!

Comment

Considering to buy one, fixed bridge of course!
                    FRT-O2000 is a HUGE turn off, I'm very disappointed with that tremolo on my RR24.

Comment

I never had a problem with the floyds on any of my RR24s

id stil get a stop tail/tom star. Just waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                        I never had a problem with the floyds on any of my RR24s

id stil get a stop tail/tom star. Just waiting...
                        I don't have a problem with it.
                        It's just the low quality that makes me worried.
                        Infact, I didn't know this is not MIG, because it just says "Floyd Rose" on it.
                        I just feel cheated...knowing that it won't last as long as a MIG one, nor can be replaced with a real one (I tried)
                        I just wish I knew this forum before I spent the money.

Comment

Hey Corpsegrinder88, I just got mine on Weds. & I'm telling you I was on the fence also cause it is a Chinese production.
                          I'm very happy with this guitar,Feels, plays great sounds good tone wise. The Floyd on it works good,my only (not real Complaint)
                          was I never had a guitar that was finished with a raw oiled neck so it was wierd for me. My neck needs to be oiled a little better
                          so I lightly sanded it down & re-oiled it the way I like it.

On a second Note,you don't have to wait to order these I got mine through Music Farm & it got here in 4 days.
                          Look around there's a few places on Ebay or online that have them instock,I'm sure one of our JCF sponsors should have 1.
                          Last edited by Drake S.; 03-23-2012, 01:26 PM.
                          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                          X