Model 4 Project almost finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 Project almost finished

Just need a black DiMarzio single coil cover and some gold screws for the Kahler, and a gold bar for the Kahler. I'm open to ideas of where I could find these parts if you can point me in the right direction.

The pickups are an HS-3, HS-2, and a J-80C all going through a JE-1200. It sounds really good. Without the boost, I get a great George Lynch tone thru the Marshall. It plays great too. The action is pretty low.

Wow that's nice. You're making me kind of want to acquire a j80c and see how it does with the 1200 electronics.

Comment

You can try whammyworld for the kahler parts. They should be readily available. It does look good with the black screws.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
        You can try whammyworld for the kahler parts. They should be readily available.
        except they cost a lot--typically kahler parts costs more than floyd parts. but there was a dude on ebay selling used kahler trem bars. he had like 20 of them. i bought one and was excellent for like $10 shipped. he may have sold them all though.... i'll dig up my purchased items to see if i can find the seller. if i am able to get it (it may have been passed three months), i'll pm you his seller id name.

Comment

That would be helpful getting that seller's name.

Regarding the J80C, I have two M6's one stock with the J50BC (I think - haven't checked the pickup) and one loaded like this guitar with a J80C (in order to compare apples to apples). You can really tell the difference with the J80C.

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
            You can try whammyworld for the kahler parts. They should be readily available. It does look good with the black screws.
            You think so? It would be easier replacing one screw (already have it) rather than 3.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              That would be helpful getting that seller's name.
              found it. it's pitch perfect music. apparently the seller still has 10 of those for sale. :think: check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tremolo-...item4cfbe5b4ae
              check with the seller to see if he has gold ones.

Comment

Working...
              X