1988 Charvel Model 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Charvel Model 3

Long time since I posted here but I snagged a clean Model 3 at a tagsale. It's missing the TRC and I am hoping someone here on the board can help me out with one. I was really surprised that this guitar was in such great shape. The dude I got it from has some sort of Christian Ministry. Guess he had some bad experiences when he was younger which led to his current Ministry. Even the case is clean. I paid $200 for it and he tossed in a boxed Peavey Hotfoot Distortion pedal, something I have not seen in many years either

PM me if you have a TRC, thanks!
    Last edited by Joe Stump; 03-28-2012, 07:13 AM.
    2001 Les Paul Standard
    2010 Explorer '76 RI
    1988 Charvel Model 3

200 is a great deal. I have the same guitar. I don't play it much, but it's a chunky piece of guitar, that's for sure. You will enjoy it.

Comment

Congrats ! Great deal ! Model 3 Rocks ! You'll find all parts you need @fretsonthenet and if you want to upgrade the JT-6, a brass block is available
      @guitar parts garage.com ... Enjoy it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by zenzab View Post
        Congrats ! Great deal ! Model 3 Rocks ! You'll find all parts you need @fretsonthenet and if you want to upgrade the JT-6, a brass block is available
        @guitar parts garage.com ... Enjoy it !!!
        A buddy of mine is hooking me up with a Gibson Floyd with a huge brass block, I might need to shave it though, I think these require a 42mm block right? Should have it next week. I plan to keep the JT-6 in the case for when I want to return it to stock condition. Thanks for the link!
        2001 Les Paul Standard
        2010 Explorer '76 RI
        1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Hi Joe:
          Wikipedia states that (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charvel) that all guiitars with the "Ft. Worth" neck plate were made in Japan, without exception. Also, in that article there is a reference at the bottom: 4. Identify your Jackson/Charvel. Wayne Charvel started in 1974 then sold to Grover Jackson. Jackson sold to Japanese mfg IMC in 1989. Charvel guitars were produced exclusively in Japan from 1986 to 1991. Very interesting reading!

Comment

Originally posted by Himmaugh View Post
            Hi Joe:
            Wikipedia states that (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charvel) that all guiitars with the "Ft. Worth" neck plate were made in Japan, without exception. Also, in that article there is a reference at the bottom: 4. Identify your Jackson/Charvel. Wayne Charvel started in 1974 then sold to Grover Jackson. Jackson sold to Japanese mfg IMC in 1989. Charvel guitars were produced exclusively in Japan from 1986 to 1991. Very interesting reading!
            Yeah, that's why I posted it under Import Charvel's. I had one of these smokin' Japanese shredders in 1987. I also had a few original San Dimas models. Still hunting a particular one. Zebra body, unfinished maple neck, Kahler trem, single humbucker which ripped all kinds of ass. If anyone knows where this guitar is, please contact me asap
            2001 Les Paul Standard
            2010 Explorer '76 RI
            1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

That's like opening a time capsule. Damn...

Comment

That looks like a nice axe.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                  That's like opening a time capsule. Damn...
                  Yeah, the wife and I were thinking the same thing after I cleaned it up and did a complete setup on it. The JT6 is really a decent bridge. I have been abusing the bar to try to get it out of tune and other then the B string out a hair once and readjusted, she's locked in now

Ordered the TRC from Dave so it should be here in a few days and she will be done. I still am undecided about swapping the trem out for the one I have coming with the big brass block. The old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fuk with it" certainly applies here
                  2001 Les Paul Standard
                  2010 Explorer '76 RI
                  1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Working...
                  X