A possible sign of things to come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A possible sign of things to come?

I saw this while on the DCGL site. The country of origin is China, possibly where the next round of pro mods will come from.

EVH%2520Wolfgang%2520Special%2520Burnt%2520Cherry%2520Burst%.jpg

Hope not, but you are probably right.

I was hoping for MIM.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The price is the same as the Japan models $1399.00. There is no way I would ever pay even a $1000.00 for a Chinese guitar. I do think that the short lived rebirth of the Charvel brand is over. The USA Pro Mods were great guitars for the price and the Japanese models were also a great bang for the buck. The move to China is strictly a cost cutting move on the part of Fender. No thanks!
      Last edited by Predator1; 09-02-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I just picked up my first MIJ Pro Mod (I have owned two MIA San Dimas) and love it- I am disgusted by the direction of Fender- They had one of the best products out there with the best prices with the MIA's- Then I could understand going to the MIJ's and keeping similar quality and keeping the Charvel "mojo" but this is BS. I refuse to buy a Chinese guitar. I first saw the Desolations and thought- WOW! Nice looking axe!! But after hearing where they were made, Im done. If this is where Charvel is headed, I will only buy used and stick with the real guitars. I cant even walk into Guitar Center anymore- Even when I try to buy strings, I have to walk past all the Indonesion, Indian and Chinese pieces of firewood- Cant believe this is the direction for these companies.
        Last edited by RockCity; 09-04-2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Fugly, to say the least.

Comment

F/ China and Fender!

Comment

Ghey

Comment

Originally posted by RockCity View Post
                I just picked up my first MIJ (I have owned two MIA San Dimas) and love it- I am disgusted by the direction of Fender- They had one of the best products out there with the best prices with the MIA's- Then I could understand going to the MIJ's and keeping similar quality and keeping the Charvel "mojo" but this is BS. I refuse to buy a Chinese guitar. I first saw the Desolations and thought- WOW! Nice looking axe!! But after hearing where they were made, Im done. If this is where Charvel is headed, I will only buy used and stick with the real guitars. I cant even walk into Guitar Center anymore- Even when I try to buy strings, I have to walk past all the Indonesion, Indian and Chinese pieces of firewood- Cant believe this is the direction for these companies.
                I totally agree. Probably should quit calling them Charvels and rename them Charvette. Not Korean made like the old Charvette though.

Comment

I love the old USA Charvels the best. I buy a guitar to play and use and if its of decent quality and plays great and has the Charvel name I have no problem where its made.
                  Its all about price point to Fender anyway not much we can do about that.
                  I for one am glad they are at least keeping the Charvel name out there.
                  Cheap enough to mod the hell out of it and make it your own.I'm not into neck thru guitars much but the new MIC Charvel neck thrus aren't bad at all.
                  Back in the day the MIJ Charvels were considered junk but now the are revered to some degree.
                  I say keep making them and keep the quality up.

Back to the wolfgang pic I never liked those even when they were made in the USA.
                  Last edited by straycat; 09-02-2012, 12:04 PM.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm very disappointed in the direction that Charvel has taken. Also, we seem to have lost our contact in the company.

It really doesn't matter as there are plenty of people who have taken Charvel's concept and do it just as well. No Fender HS, but, everything else is well done.
                    As of late, I'll take an EBMM over a Charvel.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      I love the old USA Charvels the best. I buy a guitar to play and use and if its of decent quality and plays great and has the Charvel name I have no problem where its made.
                      Its all about price point to Fender anyway not much we can do about that.
                      I for one am glad they are at least keeping the Charvel name out there.
                      Cheap enough to mod the hell out of it and make it your own.I'm not into neck thru guitars much but the new MIC Charvel neck thrus aren't bad at all.
                      Back in the day the MIJ Charvels were considered junk but now the are revered to some degree.
                      I say keep making them and keep the quality up.

Back to the wolfgang pic I never liked those even when they were made in the USA.
                      +1
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                        F/ China and Fender!
                        +1

Comment

I will never buy a Chinese guitar period. I don't care if it says Charvel, Fender, LTD or Daisy Rock.

+2 on F/ China and Fender for making crappy guitars there.

Comment

Working...
                          X