Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried a Duncan JB in their MIJ So Cal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried a Duncan JB in their MIJ So Cal?

So my So Cal now has a Dimarzio Super 3 in the bridge. I love that pickup and have it many other guitars like my MIJ Dinky's as well as my PC1's too.

I have a brand new JB kicking around and would like to try that for a change of tone.

Is the MIJ So Cal basswood? Has anyone tried a JB in one and what was the results please?

Your MIJ So Cal has an Alder body.

Comment

I have a TB4 JB in the Aqua which sounds awesome. I have a TB4 w/ A2 magnet in a San Dimas which is a little dark. I'm going to swap it with a regular TB4 to liven it up. These are all similar guitars so I see no reason why the JB won't work for you. I also like the Super 3 in my HM Strats, but those are basswood.

Comment

I had the TB4 and '59 from my San Dimas in my MIJ So Cal. It sounded much better in the So Cal than the SD, maybe due to the ebony fretboard or the big rout on the So Cal.
        However, after putting a Bare KNuckle Holy Diver set in the San Dimas, the So Cal really didn't do it for me anymore, as the SD with HDs sounds so much better. Ended up swapping the TB4/'59 for a Custom Custom/Pearly Gates, so TB4 is looking for a new home. Might throw it in a MIJ Jackson Soloist....
        Charvel San Dimas, So Cal, WDM Swords, M4, 650XL
        Clapton Fool SG, Fender Special Strat, EJ Strat, Baja Tele
        Gibson R8 LP, Edwards 125/ALS LP, 98/LTC LP, Dean Z79
        EBMM Axis, Axis SS, Luke III, Silo, Epi ES-339
        EVH Bumblebee, Kramer 5150, Fractal Audio AX8

Comment

I remember having an old JB in a basswood M4 and it didn't sound great. In my jap SD, it does. Same with my Dk2.

Comment

Just my $0.02, I wanted a bit more bite from the bridge of my San Dimas Pro Mod, so changed out the JB for another Duncan model...

... and I really like it! Just what it needed and really makes a nice match with the '59 in the neck. To me, the JB souned too similar to the '59 and it needed some more bite and grit. The Dimebucker is really a sweet pickup... highly recommend a try.
            Last edited by psychles; 11-13-2012, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X