Model 3DR question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3DR question

Hi guys, been a while since I've posted.

Got a quick question. Can anyone see any issues fitting a model 4 neck to a model 3dr body?

no

Comment

ditto

Comment

awesome, i'll post some picks if i manage to get hold of the guitar. the guy has painted it badly and cut the tip of the headstock off. shame.

thanks guys

Comment

Hi guys, some pics of the project so far. The guitar arrived this morning.

Comment

Congrats with the new guitar! I was watching that, how much did you get it for?
            If I'm not wrong, then that's a Predator, not a 3dr.. The 3drs don't have the trem recess/pull-up route..

Originally posted by tinribs View Post
            Hi guys, some pics of the project so far. The guitar arrived this morning.

My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

the 3dr did have a pullup route but was not recessed, had the old logo a single coil in the neck and the jt6 trem. This is a 3dr. the predator has the toothpaste logo, a recessed schaller, mini humbucker in the neck.

Comment

yup. As Rich said, that's a pullup rout, not a recess rout. Looks much better with the headstock around the right way
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I got it for £99! With a hard case

It's going to the paint shop at the weekend. It's going to be orange. The same colour as they do the Lamborghini Gallardo, bit like candy tangerine I guess - http://www.lucidacoustics.com/2004-L...s-1024x768.jpg

Defo a 3DR, it had it stamped on the neck

Comment

I'm trying to picture the guitar once painted. What do you guys reckon - zebra humbucker and black single or all black?
                    I'm putting a black floyd special on it for now, will be getting the posts from Dave at frets on the net as they worked a treat in my model 4.

Comment

all black. look at the burnt orange gunslingers, that might give you an idea of how it will look

Comment

Thanks Rich, I was leaning towards all black. That's quite a nice looking guitar

Comment

Funny that. I have a '88 3DR body and neck here and a loose Model 4 neck from '86. The Model 4 neck is too wide to fit into the 3DR body. Would have to shave a mm or so of the side pocket for a fit.

But yours seem to fit perfectly.

Comment

we'll see once it comes back from the paintshop Might have to shave it yet

Comment

Here's the colour - the photo's don't really show how pearlescent it is

Comment

Working...
                              X