Model 3DR question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Looking good!
      thank you! Do you think it's screaming out for a tiger stripes?

Comment

I don't know if it's screaming out for them, but it wouldn't look bad if it had them.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think I know the answer to this question, but does the neck need to butt right up tight to the back of the socket, I have about a 2mm gap.

Here's the gap -

Last edited by tinribs; 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinribs View Post
            I think I know the answer to this question, but does the neck need to butt right up tight to the back of the socket, I have about a 2mm gap.
            It depends on how picky you are.

If you're fine with the gap and it intonates correctly it's good to go. You might want to shim that gap if you plan on gigging because pushing up or down on the neck will change the neck alignment enough to throw it out. If it's mostly gonna sit on a stand and never leaving the home or the studio, it doesn't really matter all that much.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks Xenophobe, that's good to hear. I'm still waiting on a 42mm block before I fit the bridge so I can measure up and intonate

Comment

Just a quick update on the 5 minutes I've managed to get to work on it tonight, thats the wiring done (I hope)

Last edited by tinribs; 01-02-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

tidy work, man! What are your switching options?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

thanks. All I wanted on this guitar was 3 way, neck - both - bridge. I might even have middle as kill

Comment

Sorry if I'm boring anyone with my pics - it might interest someone flicking through the pages, I know I like looking at peoples projects. Fitted the strap buttons......

Comment

Paint looks awesome! Is that Tangelo Pearl? As for the gap in the neck pocket, you need to plug the screw holes in the neck, then move it up tight in the pocket, re-drill, and re-mount. It's not hard to do. Use small wooden dowels (Lowes) and some elmers glue to plug the holes.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                          Paint looks awesome! Is that Tangelo Pearl? As for the gap in the neck pocket, you need to plug the screw holes in the neck, then move it up tight in the pocket, re-drill, and re-mount. It's not hard to do. Use small wooden dowels (Lowes) and some elmers glue to plug the holes.
                          Thanks mate, I'm not sure of the colour, its some Lambo colour. I solved the neck problem, I remembered why I had that neck lying around in the first place - I really cant get on with it, So I put my maple pro mod neck on it, fits like a glove

Comment

Got a finished pic?

Comment

Looks great!

Just a thought, wiring the middle position as a kill might not be a very good idea. When switching from bridge to neck, you're gonna drop out momentarily.
                              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by darrenw5094 View Post
                                Got a finished pic?
                                Sorry for the delay!

Comment

Working...
                                X