Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a new guitar day!

Howdy mates.

Today is a very special day indeed. That's because it's a new guitar day!

Yesterday I came across a guitar ad and pulled the trigger right away. So today I received a huge cardboard box, which said Gibson Les Paul Standard. I walked to my workplace with the box and after few surgery precision cuts with my boxcutter I got another box, some paper and bubblewrap. The inner box said Schecter Jeff Loomis 7-string. After another surgery I found a white bag, shaped roughly like a guitar. I tore the bag apart and there it was, my next keeper! I don't want to bore you to tears with my jargon, so here's some pics I took just now.

If someone doesn't recognize the guitar, it's a Charvel Model 5. Made in year '88, all stock. Apart from the headstock ding and the chip in back of the body, it's very clean and good looking. And it plays like motherf*cker.

Thanks for watching!
    Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5
    Line 6 Pod x3 live, diy Madamp M15mk1

Awesome color... looks like a shredder for sure...
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Great find!

Congratz, she is a beauty.

Comment

Good score !!
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice M5. I love mine, but it doesn't get tons of play time because it's my heaviest guitar. (by weight)
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks guys.

And yes, my m5 is frigging heavy too. I mean like wtf, the package (two boxes and some paper and bubblewrap. And the guitar ofcourse) weighed over 7 kilos! This must be the heaviest guitar I've ever owned. But hey, who cares when the guitar plays like mad and is loud even acoustically.

I think I will clone the booster (je1200?) and make few for my other guitars. The boost is very nice when soloing.
            Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5

Comment

Nice M5 indeed. Back in '88 I was going to buy a blue one, but a week later when I brought the cash, it had been sold. So I had to "settle" for a red one with Kahler HW. It's been my main axe since.

Interestingly enough, I like the mid-boost of my M6 better, even though they are the same circuits.

Comment

Happy new guitar day! Was it on muusikoiden.net? Always loved that model,I have model 2 in red..
                my gear:Charvel series 2
                Charvel SoCal Pro Mod
                Epiphone Les Paul Standard HCS
                ENGL Thunder 50 Reverb
                Marshall MG30FX

Comment

Nice score! Congrats!
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Bad ass. You're a lucky fucker!

Comment

LoDyr, I think m5 and m6 have different pups? Maybe that's why there's difference.

Wekkuli69, yeah, it's the same one that was on muusikoiden.net.
                      Gear currently owned:

Comment

Working...
                      X