No announcement yet.

Model 6 JT-6 sustain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have pictures of a fretboard where the strings sit with a floyd on a model 6?

Comment

Rich#6 if the swap is done on a bound neck its not as bad and playable but still there is pull off.
      On a model with no binding its a pain in the ass as far as playability.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just measured and the fret width at the 24th fret is 2.235" and the outside edges of the strings are 1.942". So if they are centered there is slightly over 1/8" of fret on each side.

..Joe L

Comment

I have replaced the JT6 with a Schaller and used the existing studs. There has never been a problem with tuning etc.

Comment

I have 2 model 6, 2 x 5 and 2 x SL2. The 6's have a JT6 on one and a replacement bridge on the other? The JT6 which is still like new sounds fine and sustain on either guitar is legendary. However if you guys have fitted the OFR and got even better results, then I gotta look into that.
            My SL2's are OFR, they do sing well, but I find it hard to compare when the body woods are different. I also find the JT6 easier to control when pitch bending?
            I may have to buy a few floyds? Is it really worth my while?
            7 Charvels and a load of other stuff.

Comment

Sounds like you like it, just leave them in then.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                anyone have pictures of a fretboard where the strings sit with a floyd on a model 6?

DSC00024.jpgDSC00003.jpgDSC00008.jpg

Comment

Fuck JT-6's, they're junk, THE END! For shitsake, drop the dough for a fucking Floyd and thank me later. I've never had any issues using them with the JT posts either. Swap the lock nut out if you can but the after nut Kahler style will do just fine. On a guitar like a Mod 6, or any other JC for that matter, a JT-6 is a nickel holding up a dollar. JUNK.

Comment

If JT6's were that great they would still be in production. :idea:
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                    X