Remodeled the Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remodeled the Model

My first Charvel rebuild - Model 2 body, 275Deluxe neck. Body had a few deep gouges and nicks, so I filled with CA glue and wet-sanded to no end. Wanted to make a black body, but really liked the blue when I got it. After all the wet sanding and buffing, it looked incredible. Never cared for the "toothpaste" logo, so I covered it in black, new gold Charvel logo, and a bunch of clear and weeks of drying time. Wanted it to resemble a San Dimas, so I ditched the JT6 for a Schaller. I also didn't like the J50 pickup, so I put in a Duncan Custom Custom. Had huge gaps around the pup, so I got a new pup ring from Fretsonthenet. Also had to find a football jack, volume knob and 500k pot. Soldered it up and it sounds awesome! It's a keeper.
    M2 wetsand post.jpgM2 SD closeup post.jpgModel 2 San Dimas front post.jpg

Nice job!! Looks really good, you could have dyed the fret board ebony black.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Love it!
      I'm "remodelling" my Model 4 too!

Comment

Looks good!!!
        Always nice to save one.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks guys! John - would love to make the rosewood darker like ebony. A dye? Polish?

Comment

Yea they sell ebony dye. It looks great though as is that would just add to it.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I'm gonna look for some, as you're right - it would add a lot to it. Thanks!

Comment

Looks good. Nice job.

Comment

Working...
                X