1990 Charvel ST Custom Score !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Charvel ST Custom Score !!

I just scored this beauty along with a case and set of strings for a song at a pawnshop yesterday.. I've put on new stings and put it through it's paces. After playing it, I realize I'm not happy at all with the pickups. They are quite anemic and lackluster. Any recommendations on pickups I can use to give this guitar some life? The one thing I like a lot on this guitar is the neck, which just feels very comfortable. Anyway here's some pics. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

SWEET! I always loved these guitars! You stole that thing! HA HA!

Comment

Saw it on The Gear Page....nice steal!

Comment

funny head... but it's a Charvel so it still kicks ass!!!

congrats
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Is someone's name scratched in to the front?
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Is someone's name scratched in to the front?
            Someone scratched "Rock Cell" into the body. I don't know if it was a band name or what. It wasn't going to keep me from buying
            the guitar. I think the scratches,chips and dents add character to the guitar. I'm glad it had battle scars instead of being a 23 yr.
            old closet queen.

Comment

Schweet!!! Bargain of the day.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Instead of new pups, I would first try maybe new pots and switch and see if that helps any. If not you're on your way to new pups anyways. Just a thought.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Put a quadrail in mine, mine had a schaller and locking nut.

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                    Put a quadrail in mine, mine had a schaller and locking nut.

Very nice. Do you think changing out the the tone,volume pots and 5 way switch make a big enough difference in the tone to keep the original pickups? Anyone done this with good results? Thanks in advance.

Comment

No, I still have the loaded pickguard!!
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Haha, John I have one of those Quadrails.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                          No, I still have the loaded pickguard!!
                          I guess that's the smartest thing to do. Remove the original loaded pick guard and install new one with preferred pickup set up. This way IF I
                          ever sell it, I can reinstall original set.

Comment

Working...
                          X