Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel Pro Mod?

Hey guys
    My friend and I whom both are Charvel owners discussed whether the Japanese Pro Mods have SS frets or not.
    I have never ever heard of them having it, only the EVH Wolfgang Specials. He claims that his does and I'm all like "Nope."

Which one of us is right?

Thanks

algeriet

Charvel Pro Mods did not have stainless steel frets from the factory. It's possible your friend's was refretted.

Comment

They had standard nickel silver frets like most guitars. Unless he spent some cash to refret it I....lol...nope
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Nope. Not from factory.

Though they should nowadays. The few I tried are sweet.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

They are shiny they have to be SS.
          Just like FT Worth Texas neck plates make it a USA.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Unless he had it refretted with them, it does not have SS frets. So he can stop with the over-pricing
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Play the shit out of it for awhile and see how much tarnish and wear the frets get. If it's stainless, they'll stay real shiny for a long time without wearing.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, get back to us in about 3 years and let us know
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

If they're not stainless, they'll oxidize much quicker than that.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mine haven't :think:

and would someone please quit renaming the emoticons?
                    Last edited by Newc; 05-31-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X