Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Pink, has a stripped screw hole and is coming..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Pink, has a stripped screw hole and is coming..

Just scored a model 6 in pink on ebay. great condition except for a messed up strap screw hole that's really chipped up.

With that 1st line I was kind of expecting a hooker/stripper joke...
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The hole is an easy fix touch up with fingernail polish and you are good to go.
      Its probably not actually hot pink but more of the champagne rose color.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

it's going to take a lot of polish

Comment

Eh its not all that bad. Id fill both holes, redrill in the original location and find a decent paint match for the chipped out area. Killer guitar, always loved that color.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Easy fix not all that bad really.
            Dowel the holes, re drill in the original hole paint the chipped area with white paint that is a close match to the primer.
            Fill the chip with gap filling CA glue and smooth it out find some nail polish in that color and lay on some coats until you fill the chip.
            Shoot some clear on it sand and buff out.
            Thats one of the coolest Mod 6 colors ever.
            Good score.

Comment

Its burgandy mist, I think I owned it or one just like it, not with the srew messed up though. Sold it to jayster
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

It's coming from Brewer Maine.

Comment

Burgandy Mist that it I couldn't remember the colors name.
                  Pretty rare color for a model 6.

Comment

Pretty rare color for a model 6.
                    that's why I hit the bin. I almost bought a 475 a few weeks ago at my local sam ash in that color(too much fretwear for 400). it was 599 plus shipping by the way. I keep seeing them go for more in worse condition, even the kahlered ones(already have one of those).

Comment

If it's the one I had, it plays killer, I sold it twice and bought it back here on the forum.
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

hit the bin on another one that probably needsa fret dressing and has missing parts for$375 in blue.

Comment

Working...
                        X