Need a little help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help here

hi guys, i just bought my 1st charvel from a guy from my place. I tried to search on the net about this guitar and the closest match is charvel soloist sl145 that have 3 pots but mine have 2(1V 1T). According to previous owner this guitar was japanese domestic model but im not sure bout that. The guitar have neckthru construction, SSH conf,shaller floyd rose, 1v 1T and the colour i think is galaxy black. The previous owner replace the stock pickups to crappy one before sell it to me so i have put the dimarzio dactivator on bridge and left neck and middle empty,planning to put air norton s and hs2 soon. Here the picture ive taken after i have swap in the dactivator. Hope any experts here can identify it,thanks.

I believe you're correct about it being a Charvel SLA-145. Since the 1989 Japanese market Charvel catalog scans on audiozone.dk show this model as having V/T/T controls, I can't explain it having only 1V/1T controls, but my guess is that it's a 1990-92 guitar. Typically, Jackson/Charvel only used the V/T/T control layout when the guitar had the JE-1200 active electronics circuit. The V/T layout on yours would indicate that it had passive electronics originally, which I don't recall any Japanese Soloist variant having prior to 1992. Unfortunately, audiozone doesn't have Japanese catalog scans from 1990-92, but that is my guess.

Nice guitar, regardless.
    Last edited by pro-fusion; 06-09-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
      I believe you're correct about it being a Charvel SLA-145. Since the 1989 Japanese market Charvel catalog scans on audiozone.dk show this model as having V/T/T controls, I can't explain it having only 1V/1T controls, but my guess is that it's a 1990-92 guitar. Typically, Jackson/Charvel only used the V/T/T control layout when the guitar had the JE-1200 active electronics circuit. The V/T layout on yours would indicate that it had passive electronics originally, which I don't recall any Japanese Soloist variant having prior to 1992. Unfortunately, audiozone doesn't have Japanese catalog scans from 1990-92, but that is my guess.

Nice guitar, regardless.
      Thanks a lot for the info...

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post

Nice guitar, regardless.
        If it was from 90-92' wouldn't it have a toothpaste logo on the headstock?
        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
          If it was from 90-92' wouldn't it have a toothpaste logo on the headstock?
          I guess that rule doesn't apply to Japanese-only market Charvels.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Ah ok that makes sense
            Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              I concur with Don. See for example the 1993 Charvel Japan pages: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c..._Japan_only%2F

Try pg 9
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X