Charvette 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvette 150

I found a mint Charvette 150 in a local pawn shop in a surf green like color. Just wondering which pickups they have in them and are they 25 1/2 scale length? There's little info in the old catalogs.
    It's pronounced soops

yes 25.5. the bridge is a j50b I think. neck I don't remember.

Comment

Didn't really look it over. The trem puts me off a bit.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

If the fret dots at the 12 th fret are close together it should be a MIJ version wider apart Korean.
        MIJ are basswood, Korean are plywood.
        There were different trems too the MIJ ones had a single locking 590 style, Korean had the wider spaced more like a 2 point vintage trem with a funky wide base.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It has the closer dots on the 12 fret but the cheap ass trem on it. I've taken all the covers off and looks to be solid wood. Now to mod it for a floyd cuz it plays so damn good. Wish I would have bought one of these instead of the Ibanez I had that the neck cracked in the case on the way to practice
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Every charvette I've had won't take a regular trem the post are to close together and if it breaks good luck finding one.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yeah gonna have to plug and redrill for the posts. The high sides in the wright spot it seems but the bass side is too close. I haven't measured just eye balled it. I do want it to stay baby blue. I'll post pics in a little bit.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
              X