NGD - EVH Striped Series!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - EVH Striped Series!!

Man, these are backordered everywhere. I just happened to remember someone telling me about a little shop that's an authorized Charvel dealer so I called over there and they had one on the wall and one in the back still in the box. I played the one on wall and I liked it. Asked to see the one still unopened in box. I liked that one better because the fret ends were finished better. I'm not one of these guys that can evaluate a guitar after a short time of playing so I'll post reviews by Sunday.[IMG][/IMG]

FINALLY!! I look forward to read your review, i am divided between a slx and this. And congrats on your score man!

Comment

That's freeking AWESOME!! We need a review !! One of these is high on the hit list.....
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Hell yeah! Happy NGD!

Comment

Killer AXE Dude! I have heard only good things about them (So Far!) LOL! Best Of Luck with it! \m/
          *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
          *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
          *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
          Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
          *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
          *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
          *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
          *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Ok, so here's my review of the EVH after owning since Wednesday but not really getting time with it until yesterday. The shop owner said the guitars are being set up at the factory with 1/2 step down tuning so that how I'm playing it now. The neck reminds me of the EVH Wolfgang Special I used to own....meaning the neck is a little meatier on the lower frets. Without a setup the guitar has no buzz or dead spots. The back of the neck has an oiled finish and is silky smooth. The white untinted fretboard looks great, although I've been told it will look dirty in time. The paint is awesome and flawless. The volume control does feel cheap but that's only because I'm used to metal knobs with some weight to them. Now to the sound....using the strings that came with the guitar because they were still fresh, the guitar sounded great. Sounded similar to my So Cal Pro Mod. I know that's a really brief review of the sound but I need to spend more time with it plugged in. I'll add to this post again soon. If you like the So Cal or San Dimas Pro Mods you like the EVH. Worth the $$$$? I paid almost full retail but I paid for it with a guitar I flipped for a profit so that took a little bit of the sting. No regrets for what I paid.

Comment

This already helps, to me at least. I am going for it, when the cash starts flowing i will definitely gonna score it! Thanks a lot mate.

Comment

Congratz and thanks for sharing your review.

Originally posted by axe dude View Post
                I have heard only good things about them (So Far!) LOL! Best Of Luck with it! \m/
                Same here. I definitely want to try one.
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

btw gerryl98, do you know if the neck pocket is exactly the same as the fender strats? If i would like to make a warmoth neck with a strat heel would it fit? I keep thinking in a pointy headstock on this.:think:
                  Last edited by anarkhos; 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anarkhos View Post
                    btw gerryl98, do you know if the neck pocket is exactly the same as the fender strats? If i would like to make a warmoth neck with a strat heel would it fit? I keep thinking in a pointy headstock on this.:think:
                    The neck heal and pocket length are different from a strat. They are longer to accommodate the truss-rod thumbwheel. Member AsIs on the VHLinks forum posted some nice pics of his B+Y Stripey taken apart. It shows the neck difference quite clearly.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/new-...t56718p15.html

Still, I'm sure Warmoth or other builder could craft a neck that fits.

I got a B+Y a couple of weeks ago, and it is awesome! It's nice to see that Fender is producing Charvels and Stripeys in the same factory. Keeps the EVH/Charvel mojo together.
                    Last edited by bblevins; 07-24-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X