Chavel Hardcase for 750XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavel Hardcase for 750XL

What is the proper Charvel hardcase for a 1989 Charvel 750 XL??

It's model specific for the thicker body and larger headstock. A regular silver chainsaw case for a Model Series guitar will not fit right. You can shove a 750XL in one of those silver chainsaw cases and squeeze it tight but you may do more damage than good. This is the reason you see so many 750XL's with headstock tip damage. I have 4 750XL's. I've fought this problem for years.

If you'll notice in the pics, I have 2 in original black Charvel 750XL cases. The cases are thicker and a little bit longer to fit the headstock correctly. I have 1 squeezed into a Model Series silver chainsaw case and yes, it's headstock tip is in there too tight(pic 3) and yes, it has a little bit of headstock tip damage.

Last edited by lepard; 10-23-2013, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I need to find a case solution for my 750xl. It came to me in a silver Model chainsaw that obviously didn't fit right. I didn't notice the problem with the headstock fitting, but the case lid pushes down the trem, since the body is so much thicker than a regular Soloist. I guess I'll have to custom order a G&G to fit it. Just more $$$ flying out the door.

Comment

My 750XL came in a rectangular case. It's a fixed bridge, and fits wit no tip issues, so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          My 750XL came in a rectangular case. It's a fixed bridge, and fits wit no tip issues, so I'll leave it at that.
          My current 750 is a trem model. However, I previously had a fixed-bridge one that came with the original case that was a guitar-shaped chainsaw case with the Charvel logo. It fit that guitar perfectly. Of course, I sold that guitar like an idiot. Matt Johnsen of the band Pharaoh has it now.

Comment

Working...
          X