NGD The family is growing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD The family is growing...

I picked up this Model 4 yesterday. Beautiful original condition with a mint case off of Craigs list. It was nice and dusty. They advertised it as "Electric Guitar", if they put Charvel Model 4, I'm sure it would have sold before I found it. It's a great addition to my family . It's the first Dark Blue Charvel that I have seen in person. I don't believe that this is Cobalt or Electric Blue that I read about as original colors.

Does anyone have any info. on the Dark Blue (Rare)?

Here's is more of the family http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/118...tent?highlight=
    So much for the content thing!

I also bought a model 88 that was refinished and modified that I'm putting a Billy and Becky l500xl pickup and a new black OFR.

Definately time for a new family shot.

Sweet guitars! Congrats! Whoever sold you the model 4 didn't know what they had if they just listed it as "Electric Guitar". You probably got it for a good deal, right? It's a damn shame they refinished that model 88. Might be a good project to send to Mike Learn?
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I gave the full asking price of $250. I couldn't get there fassssst enough.

The tabacco edge is gone off of the 88, but they did a really nice job with the finish it self. It's the tone knob and kill switch that kills me. I'll find a way to make it right.

Comment

I know, I know GTWG.......

Comment

I had one in that color. I thought it was the electric blue. The cobalt is lighter.

Comment

Nice!!!
            I like black and white guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              I had one in that color. I thought it was the electric blue. The cobalt is lighter.
              Electric blue is the lighter blue. I think that is the cobalt blue. In person, it looks much darker. With the camera flash, it brightens it up. Either way, congrats on the new additions!

Comment

I just finished up setting up the model 4. I have alwayd ripped the jt6 off of all of my guitars. This is the first time a played a stock model 4. I can't believe how good the pickups sound with the mid boost circuit. This things feels great, I got some reallt low action. INCREDIBLE.

I'm moving on to my new model 2 project. I'm putting a maple neck on with a new schaller floyd, grover rotomatics, new floyd nut with a shelf (All GOLD Harware). It's a beautifully yellowed white. I'm finally going to do my own Blood Splatter.

Comment

The M4 looks nice. The M88...what were they thinking with that tone knob location?? :think:

EDIT: Not a fan of the switch location either.

Comment

I have a cobalt blue. I would feel confident saying that you do too.

Comment

The brown one has some crazy stuff going on with the control set up. Either way nice grabs!!!
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X