Model 1A questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1A questions

I just acquired a 1987 Model 1A with the original V trem but without the trem arm. Anyone know if this just takes a standard 6mm screw-in arm?

And the J100 bridge pickup has been replaced with a SD JB Jr. I may leave it there but it's a little bright. Just wondering: are the bridge, middle and neck J100 pickups all identical? I'v seen some advertised on eBay as being for the neck, middle or bridge position but always thought they were all the same.

Thanks,
    ranman

I wish I could tell you. Took mine down the guitar shop & went through their tub of trem arms until I found a black one that fit.

Not sure about the pickup either. Usually bridge pickups are a little hotter to make up for the small string movement closer to the bridge.

from this, it seems that the J100 is the same for all positions. Unless you have a J100XL

Hail yesterday

Comment

Never heard that J100Xxl, unless that's what comes in the bridge position from the factory.
      If anyone has more information, please post about it. Thanks

Until the, here's what an M1A can sound like.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDeux5G47Pc

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed View Post
        Never heard that J100Xxl, unless that's what comes in the bridge position from the factory.
        If anyone has more information, please post about it. Thanks

Until the, here's what an M1A can sound like.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDeux5G47Pc
        The model J100XL is posted on the chart VitaminG posted. You can read about its specs there.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, saw the chart.
          Blurry, a few numbers, ok
          What did the J100XL come in?
          What does it sound like?
          Have you ever owned one?
          Thanks

Comment

I have confirmed that it is indeed a 6 mm arm, and that Allparts BP-0071-xxx fits perfectly.

Comment

Working...
            X