Grape Ape 1986 Model 5 Toronto Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grape Ape 1986 Model 5 Toronto Craigslist

Says $350 in the add. Might be a nice grab.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/mss/msg/4280103065.html

Nice guitar. Must have chipped the headstock then got out the belt sander.

Comment

Grape? That's Black Cherry.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ding ding someone show the jam what he's won. Lol

No kidding. The add said grape purple.

Comment

The headstock is meh.

Comment

Yeah you guys are right about the headstock. I didn't notice it at first glance. Let's all pitch in a $1 to buy it then light it on fire. We can video the whole thing and gtwgits while we are at it.

Comment

We could lop off the headstock and do a headless model 5 I have the floyd speedloader and the nut.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

What a nice guitar, I would happily shred upon that even with the bung hole headstock.
                Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Nice! I just picked this axe up a couple of days ago; came here to research some info on the pickup switching, and saw this thread at the top

Good eye on the headstock, it has been repaired (decent job), but unfortunately, the refinish on the back of the headstock covered up the serial number. Other than that I had the only thing it needed was to replace the volume pot (I already had an extra 50k pot from when I had to do the same on my Model 6), and a little contact cleaner on the tone/mid boost pots. Dated it to late 86 based on the Kahler with brass saddles, and pickups with the Jackson covers. Real sweet guitar, the action is as nice as my Model 6 and has nice array of tones with the 5-way switch.

The thing I'm confused about is the pickup switch layout is a little peculiar. The options appear to be (from position 1, all the way back): both humbuckers, outer coils, inner coils, bridge HB, neck HB. Kind of an odd setup, one would intuitively assume it would be: bridge HB, outer coils, both HB, inner coils, neck HB. Is this the stock configuration for the switch? Looking at the switch it doesn't look like anything has been altered from the diagram I found here: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...8Page16_17.jpg
                  Last edited by Þor; 01-16-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X