Charvel gurus:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel gurus:

Did the Model 4 become the 475 Deluxe? Is one better than the other? What can I expect to pay for an 86 Model 4 in excellent condition?
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Not sure about your first question but I just saw a Model 4 at GC a couple weeks ago and the asking price was $375 (no case). It was pink (champagne mist?) with a JT6, so I'm guessing an '88 model. It was in decent shape, some scratches and play wear but no major dings or dents. The '86 had a rosewood board with dots and a kahler bridge, which might be a trade off if that one is in excellent shape. Hope that helps a bit on price.

Comment

I think I get what you're asking, was the 475 Deluxe the 4s replacement when they dropped the "Model" name. Kinda like the 650XL is very similar to the Model 6 but with a 5w switch vs 3 toggles and the toothpaste logo.

I THINK the 475 has a more Dinky style body vs the 4 being more Strat like...
      Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

yes, and the 475 is a dinky body and has neck binding and I think a schaller trem instead of that crap jt6

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
          Did the Model 4 become the 475 Deluxe? Is one better than the other? What can I expect to pay for an 86 Model 4 in excellent condition?
          Yes, and electronics layouts as well as toothpaste logos when through a transitional phase where the distinctions between models blurred.

The 475 Deluxe got rid of the JT-6 for a Schaller and a real locking nut, so yeah, I would say it's better, but I don't like the toothpaste logo, so I'd have to find a non-US Market 475 with the guitar logo.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

According to these guys... JT-590 (Schaller Floyd Rose), gotta start a new thread for my JT6 question...
            Last edited by artonsafari; 01-22-2014, 03:10 PM.
            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Had a 475 that I wasn't in love with and have had a model 3 that I liked, and a customized model 2 that I like. Specs were a bit different between the two.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I recently acquired an SK 1 that I like a lot more than I thought I would.
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                X