Charvel Journeyman question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Journeyman question

I recently picked up a used Journeyman for $150. Absolutely great guitar. From the product specs that I have found online, the body is alder. However, mine looks like its ash. Has all the tale tell grain of ash. Below is a crappy cell phone picture of the guitar. Did they ever release an ash version? It sounds great, and it does sound like alder, but it looks like ash. Thanks for the help!

All alder. There are just really nice pieces of wood. Looks like alder to me.

Comment

Nice score! I was eyeing one like this on the GC Used site.

Comment

Ok. Well, I guess that explains it. Thanks for the help. Love this guitar. I ordered some locking tuners for it, and may put a Wilkinson on it, as I don't care for the feel of this trem.

Comment

I tried to buy the one at GC as soon as it hit the online sales and it went fast. I sold the one I had and really regret it.

Comment

Those guitars are awesome. I can't believe you got it for 150!
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              I tried to buy the one at GC as soon as it hit the online sales and it went fast. I sold the one I had and really regret it.
              I may have stole this one out from under you. It was marked at $199, but I gave them some flack about the finish being damaged and told them I'd give them $150 cash. So they said yes.

Comment

Here's a better picture.

Comment

Man, nice looking guitar! And only $150!?
                  Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Great score for $150! Congrats. Not sure if you've seen this Charvel ad for the Journeyman that lists the specs. I thought they were all alder based on this.

Comment

Does anyone have info on when these were made? I know that the head stock shape started in 96, but I'm wondering if there is any way to tell what year my guitar was made. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X