Kahler bridge possible mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler bridge possible mod

I have a 2320 Kahler bridge on my M5...bought new in '88. It has served me well. I'm thinking about making a hybrid/locking option that can be used in a pinch when a string breaks.
    The idea is to file a space out in the rear underside of the frame, drill & tap a hole, install a set screw and a wedge sort of thumb wheel. The wheel could be turned just a bit to catch in a slot in the cam. I would have to make that slot as well.

I messed around trying to make a visual of what it might look like and how it could actually work. Good thing I have an M6 as well for backup.

This sounds possible, and is very similar to the standard lockdown feature which is on newer kahlers, however it is just a grub-screw through the baseplate that locates in a groove on the cam, locking it.

You need a hex key (allen key) to adjust it though,

Maybe check some of the specs on the kahler website
    Cheers

Comment

Yeah as mentioned the newer Hybrids have this feature already. I suspect their hex screw design works better than yours will. Perhaps it can be replicated and retrofitted?

Comment

Try a slide latch system that would work like a window latch.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X