Ngd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd

I picked this bad boy up at work yesterday. It's a Charvette but It's a Japanese one just like a model 3 aside from the trem. which I may swap out after some serious play time to see how it is.

I had one of those as a teenager. Korea.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I have that exact same guitar. Neck just like a model series.Sounds ok. That trem is fairly useless and will not swap out with anything else, without a drill and fill. Mines basswood, lots are plywood.

Comment

I had a few Charvettes in my days.. Some good, some-not so much.. The necks were always very good on them.. It was the plywood bodies and bunk hardware that made them beginner-level shredders.

With that said, I still think this is a better option at a $100-$150 than a Squier anything..
        John 3:16

Comment

Its solid basswood. With a j50c in the bridge. And yes if I keep it I will resell post for a floyd.

Comment

I have one, I'm not sure of the model number. It is 22 fret with a standard fender type trem, not a floating. It was my first guitar and I bought it new in 89. It said Korea on it but it seems to be made of basswood, not plywood. I know audiozone.dk says the Korean ones were all plywood. Maybe mine was only assembled in Korea during the transition of production or something IDK. Anyway, I always got a lot of compliments on the sound and sustain. I put a J50BC in it.

Comment

I have a 91 MIJ 270 basswood body with a few wiring mods. Had it since 92 and used it gigging for awhile in the early to mid 90's. Light weight and easy to play, 24 fret with the short scale. Great guitar for the money. I won't sell it ever, it's made it through divorces unhurt, I owe it for that. lol Happy new guitar day.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Awesome looking guitar, dude!

Just watch the trem on these. The blocks have a habit of shattering, as they were made of pretty poor grade metal. I had a chrome one in a Japanese CX592, went to pick it up off the rack one day, and the bridge was just hanging by the strings, with the block in tiny pieces in the cavity. I'm in the process of plugging and redrilling for an OFR. I hope you don't have the same problem with yours!
                A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Well I ended up having to return it. The wife made a bad decision and cost us 148 bucks. So it had to go back. At least until this gets straightened out. But its a solid.guitar. sounds great and plays awesome. Hopefully its still there when I have a few extra bucks again.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                    Well I ended up having to return it. The wife made a bad decision and cost us 148 bucks. So it had to go back. At least until this gets straightened out. But its a solid.guitar. sounds great and plays awesome. Hopefully its still there when I have a few extra bucks again.
                    Dude she owes you now. Milk it for all its worth.
                    Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

I don't know about the body, but the close together 12th fret dots tell me the neck is MIJ.

What bad decision cost you 148 bucks?

Comment

I agree with DonP, the close together 12th dots seem to be the MIJ claim. The one I have has them that close. From what I've seen the tremolo can be replaced with a Wikinson, if it goes bad.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I agree with DonP, the close together 12th dots seem to be the MIJ claim. The one I have has them that close. From what I've seen the tremolo can be replaced with a Wilkinson, if it goes bad.

Comment

Yeah it is MIJ. solid basswood and that awesome model series neck. The trem kinda sucks but re-drill for floyd and its awesome. But it got returned so. Hopefully ill be able to get it and keep it if its still there.
                            The wife had ordered some vitamins on line that was read as being one bottle for 30 bucks. Which turned out to be 3 bottles buy 3 get 2 free at $30 each. But i was charged 148 when all was said and done. It's been weeks and no confirmation email. Or a package. She's tried to call but got no where. Altho they are on the east coast which got pummeled with bad weather so we are hoping it's just that.
                            Gil

Comment

I didnt know there were any mij charvettes. I thought they were all mik. Ive never seen a charvette with wide spaced dots. As for that trem, yes the block shatters. Ive got a parts bag filled with parts from 2 shattered ones. Ive often wondered if the wilk trem would work in its place.

Edit: Just did a google image search and sure enough I found a bunch with wide dot spacing.
                              Last edited by Carbuff; 02-19-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X