Help, screwed up my new to me Charvel Model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, screwed up my new to me Charvel Model 5

Picked up a very nice condition white model 5 with the kahler. The only problem was a frozen tone control, so I like an idiot proceeded to remove all the electronics and now of course even with my crappy pictures and diagrams can not figure out how to put it back together. Almost ready to scrap it all and put a EMG 81/85 solderless system in but, really wanted to keep it stock.

Can someone please point me to wiring diagrams, close up clear pictures of what solders to what especially on that 5 way switch that really has me messed up.

Think I will love this thing once I get it all back together and working right.

Thanks

Seymour duncan has a huge range of easy to follow diagrams
    Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Originally posted by charvelsteen View Post
      Seymour duncan has a huge range of easy to follow diagrams
      What he said.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

guitarelectronics.com
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thanks guys, I will take a look. I didn't know the duncans would be the same

Comment

Originally posted by Mjones View Post
            thanks guys, I will take a look. I didn't know the duncans would be the same
            Wait a minute buddy haha! No they arediffrent but they do have a heap of wiring diagrams. You should be able to workout the colour coding on your pickup from the old wiring. Is it HS with 1 volume and a 5way?

Comment

No, is the HH with 1 vol, 1 tone, and 1 mid boost, Thanks

Comment

PS, And 1 5way

Comment

The Duncan site has a chart that shows wire colour coding for different brands. Very handy for when you're swapping pickups. But for your use, just cross out the SD colours on the wiring diagram & mark it up with the equivalent Jackson colours
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

here it is:
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

there is a white wire coming from the middle tone pot, where does it go, I can't find that in diagrams?

Comment

coming from where? A lug, in which case, which lug? Or from the back of the pot?
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

You may be able to figure it out from the pics in this listing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Char...-/141160364483 Alienxnation is an asshole, but at least he may be good for something

Comment

Originally posted by haffwaythere View Post
                            You may be able to figure it out from the pics in this listing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Char...-/141160364483 Alienxnation is an asshole, but at least he may be good for something
                            He will send you a bill for looking at those pictures.

Comment

Corner of the board, from what I can see in the pics that halfwaythere referred to.
                              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X