Just obtained a red Charvel Japanese So Cal guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just obtained a red Charvel Japanese So Cal guitar

Not giving my Strats as much attention after buying this So Cal. Floyd Rose works well. Low action. Everything almost perfect except pup toggle switch showing its age. I actually don't see the need to switch out the pups. Much cheaper in price than comparable s-style guitars.

How do these Floyds compare to the original Floyds?

I just stumbled on this. Didn't plan to buy one. See more pointy-headstock 80s guitars around than this model.

Originally posted by stratman2 View Post
    Your guide to the Jackson licensed Floyds
    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

The Floyds on the So Cals are just fine don't worry.
      The Japanese So Cals are nice guitars and very good instruments and more than gig worthy.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Not giving my Strats as much attention after buying this So Cal. Floyd Rose works well. Low action. Everything almost perfect except pup toggle switch showing its age. I actually don't see the need to switch out the pups. Much cheaper in price than comparable s-style guitars.

I just stumbled on this. Didn't plan to buy one. See more pointy-headstock 80s guitars around than this model.
        Welcome to Charvel, they're super Strats.
        The Pro-Mod Floyds are fine.
        Gotta watch out, if you try an old "Model" series Charvel from 1987 to 1988 you'll be addicted to them too! lol

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed View Post
          Welcome to Charvel, they're super Strats.
          The Pro-Mod Floyds are fine.
          Gotta watch out, if you try an old "Model" series Charvel from 1987 to 1988 you'll be addicted to them too! lol

Yup, my Model 3 with a JT-6 Rocks. One of the few guitars that I own that I will NEVER sell
          Black Charvel Model 3 - Stock
          Red Charvel Model 3 - Chrome Hardware Fitted
          White/White Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
          Wine Red Fender MIM Floyd Rose Strat
          Black Fender MIM Standard HSS Strat
          Sunburst Standard Strat (Rosewood) - JB Junior in Bridge
          Sunburst Standard Strat (Maple) - Hotrail in Bridge
          Sunburst 50's Strat - Hotrail in Bridge
          Red Double Fat Strat
          Hot Pink BC Rich H/H Gunslinger
          Pink Floyd Rose H/H Partscaster

Comment

Know the feeling well too.
            Have a mahogany USA Strat Deluxe & a USA Strat Plus.
            Both great guitars, but there are times when a cheap old Model 1A can kick their butts.
            Sometimes Gakki is better than Corona, lol !

Comment

The MIJ pro mods were only made a short time so IMO they will be quite collectible in the future.
              I would hold on to it.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Back to shop already for toggle switch fix

I tried fixing the toggle switch and just made it worse, so I took it back to the shop where it will be easily fixed. I never seen a pup selector switch like this. Anyone replace it with a switchcraft or something else?

But, the guitar is so cool, I feel fortunate to have found this. It has the Peavey Wolfgang, EVH
                type sound and lots more different tones.

I haven't done too well with collectibles in the past. But, once in while get lucky, like with this Charvel.

I used to have a musicyo Nightrider with a Floyd. It is good to have this kind of whammy again.
                I love the vintage Strat tremolos, but I can't keep the strings in tune very well. Did you ever try the lsr roller nut? That is a good alternative to a Floyd. I don't have a guitar with that, but tried one and
                I am not sure what I prefer at this point.

When I started playing, you could not purchase a guitar for this price with the great action and tone.

Comment

I love the vintage Strat tremolos, but I can't keep the strings in tune very well. Did you ever try the lsr roller nut? That is a good alternative to a Floyd

I have a Strat Deluxe with the LSR & locking tuners, works pretty good, but you can't go wild with them like you can with your Charvel.

Comment

I tried fixing the toggle switch and just made it worse, so I took it back to the shop where it will be easily fixed. I never seen a pup selector switch like this. Anyone replace it with a switchcraft or something else?
                    My original switch was goosed also, but a Switchcraft is on now and no problems. Hopefully for life

Comment

Working...
                    X