Charvette Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvette Pickups?

Just curious, Are the Charvel banded pickups in Charvettes like the Model 270 the same as the Jackson ones, but with different covers, or are these just shitty generic pickups?
    I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

If you have a table the has a short leg, stick it under it, they're perfect for that. They are cheap turds.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
      If you have a table the has a short leg, stick it under it, they're perfect for that. They are cheap turds.
      Not true, they came off the same assembly line as the Charvel model series and had the same necks. They needs trem upgrades and mine has Charvel branded J90c and a J100 in it.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I have one also 84sups, we've both posted in the same threads about them. I'm answering the question about the stock pickups. They did suck.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Lol mine are actually the good one. Kinda shocked to be honest. I figured they would be like the old Ibanez powersounds
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Ive got a MIJ model 270, I had no idea if they used Charvel banded J90c's in the bridge, or what the singe coils were. I'm swapping them, in any case.
            I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

They're Jackson pickups...but not the same as the Model series Jackson pickups that were in-house wound. Any Jackson pickup that is Charvel branded was made in Japan as opposed to Jackson USA pickups. I have no idea where the Japanese pickups were made, but I do know that they aren't bad at all.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Mine have the same stickers on them as all the other Jackson pickups I have. Neck time I change strings I'll snap a pic. It'll probably be a while, I just strung it up
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

I have a Charvel branded J-90C in one guitar and it sounds great so no bashing from me.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Mine were not even close to the quality of Charvel's pickups.

Comment

Those 85-88 Jackson pickups are hard to beat...no matter what guitar they are in.
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                        Mine were not even close to the quality of Charvel's pickups.
                        Sounds like you got a MIK one. Plywood body, crap pickups.
                        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Off topic, but, did any of the Korean made Charvettes have the Fort Worth TX address on the neck plate or did that indicate Japanese made? I owned one 20+ years ago with the USA address.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I think all imports had Fort Worth on the neck plates. Mine's a MiJ so don't know
                            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                              Sounds like you got a MIK one. Plywood body, crap pickups.
                              Nope MIJ, Basswood body and the Takeuchi Floyd copy.

Comment

Working...
                              X