NGD: Charvel model 5A candy apple red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Charvel model 5A candy apple red

Here is one of my recent purchases - something I've been keeping an eye out for. I bought it back in February, Fedex lost it in their system for over a week, and once it finally showed up I was swamped with work and other family stuff. So I haven't spent too much time with it yet. It plays great and sounds pretty good with the EMG 60 in it. The prior owner swapped the JT6 for a licensed floyd and had the nut converted to a floyd nut. Overall it was a pretty good job. When I get some time, I'll take it apart for some TLC, give it a setup and maybe swap out the EMG for a Duncan TB5 or RTM.

I have a couple model 6s and have always wanted a nice model 5A. I was holding out to find a nice candy apple red, which is awesome in person, and these pics don't do it justice. Once I get all the work done to it, I'll try to take some better pics to show off the color. For now, here's one of the pics from the seller and one I took this weekend.

John

Great score Brah! Looks really clean...

Comment

Fuck yeah!
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Damn love the look of single hum soloists.

Comment

Love that color. I had model 2 that I shouldn't have sold like that. congrats!

Comment

very nice!!!! I had a burgundy mist 5A quite a few years ago. like a dumb-ass I sold it. I am pretty sure it went to somebody here, but boy I miss that sucker...
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

fuckn mint. more pictures of the back would be nice.
              Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

I had a black 5A and it was awesome. One of the best model series I ever had.
                Have a 2012 Scott Ian ATL 1 hum soloist now and it plays just as good.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Maybe the BEST single hum neck thru guitars ever made. Congrats. I miss mine.
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Gorgeous

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Nice! I had a 5A in black cherry that was pretty cool.
                        That pickup would be an 89, based on the copper logo and the fact it's got a mini switch to split it. A 60 would have a gray logo and not be splittable.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice and simple they way I like it. Crap, now I want one too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            That pickup would be an 89, based on the copper logo and the fact it's got a mini switch to split it. A 60 would have a gray logo and not be splittable.
                            Thanks for the compliments guys. And thanks for the heads up on the pickup, Toe. I'm not en EMG guy, just going off what the seller told me.

Comment

No prob. EMGs aren't for everybody, but I've always liked them and had my fair share of guitars with them.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X